And I did make a start with binding the 2nd headstock this afternoon. My first thought was that I could shape all the pieces, trim them neatly, and glue them all in one. And of course, I could have, if it wasn't for the fact that the bloodwood insisted on misbehaving again
Even reduced to half thickness it wasn't going to go around those tight curves without a fight!!
So, I pre-bent the purflings, trimmed the bloodwood for the straight edges, and tried bending a piece for the end. And of course, it refused to play ball.
Nothing there is glued yet. The masking tape is just holding everything in place. But I decided to be pragmatic and come up with an alternative solution. If the bloodwood refuses to bend nicely, I'll glue a few pieces up into a solid block and carve it into shape
So here they are glued up in the vice. It's putting up a good fight, but I WILL win
When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro.