You are here

Focusrite Liquid 56 - S/PDIF issue

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Focusrite Liquid 56 - S/PDIF issue

Postby ZIBIT » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:49 am

Hey,

If there is a topic about this already, then i'm sorry but I couldn't find any so here goes:

With my Liquid 56 I am able to use every input/output - including my two Behringer ADATS - as external effect in Cubase... EXCEPT S/PDIF !?

In Cubase the input/output is available, my M-ONE gets the lock-signal and I'm able to route (in the Saffire Mixing-Control panel) any DAW to the S/PDIF output and any input from S/PDIF to the outputs of the Liquid or one of it's ADATS. So they are able to talk to each other.

So.... Where's the problem?

Why can't I use my S/PDIF connected effects processor as "external plugin" in Cubase (and Ableton) ??? :headbang:

When I configure it, no signal is received in the M-ONE....

kind regards,
ZiBiT
ZIBIT

Re: Focusrite Liquid 56 - S/PDIF issue

Postby Mixedup » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:09 pm

I suspect, as you have the issue with Ableton as well as Cubase that it's something you've missed in the Saffire Mix Control setup. I don't get these issues with my RME FF800 - using analogue, ADAT and S/PDIF there with Cubase and PT without problem. I don't recall having problems when I had a Liquid Saffire for a while either.
Mixedup
Jedi Poster

Postby ZIBIT » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:03 am

hmm ok, I'll see if I can play around with the Mixing Control a wee bit more.

Strange though that I didn't have to do all this effort with my ADATS.

Thanks for confirming the Liquid Saffire thingy too....

greets
U
ZIBIT

Postby . . . Delete This User . . . » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:58 am

i've done it in Logic no problem.... so i suspect it's something not quite right in the set up in cubase.....
. . . Delete This User . . .
Frequent Poster