You are here

Alesis DM10

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Alesis DM10

Postby blacker88 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi all,

Was thinking about buying the dm10 due to the lack of sound they make and they seem a pretty decent electronic kit but... has anyone used one for recording purposes? Are the sounds on the module good enough for recordings or do the samples still sound like a "machinegun". Also if I would get a sample library like DFH etc which is best for triggering? I used DFH 2 Superior a while back and wasn't hugely convinced with the results..

Thanks for any replies.

Matt
blacker88
Poster

Re: Alesis DM10

Postby humandrums » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:01 pm

i use a dm5 with superior drummer 2.3 with the metal foundry add on, really pleased with it you can hear an example here
humandrums
Regular

Postby Jonnypopisical » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Er I think that answers your question!
Jonnypopisical
Frequent Poster

Mac Pro, Logic Pro, lots of software and 17 hard drives!

Postby blacker88 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:33 pm

haha yeah it pretty much does! has anyone played on the dm10? I'd like to know how realistic it feels but i just don't have time to test one out at the mo. And also how rugged the heads are? Are they stronger than regular drum heads?
blacker88
Poster

Postby JPH » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:24 pm

blacker88 wrote:haha yeah it pretty much does! has anyone played on the dm10? I'd like to know how realistic it feels but i just don't have time to test one out at the mo. And also how rugged the heads are? Are they stronger than regular drum heads?

Havent got the DM10, but have had a DM8 since October and have been using that to drive Superior Drummer 2.0 and also the Abbey Road Drums series. Very very pleased with it as a USB trigger for these libraries.

Definately no machine-gunning, dead easy to set up and providing you've got the Surge cymbals, they're a bit better made than the regular ones. Had one of the ride ones go U/S on me, which Alesis UK replaced without question. Since upgraded them to Surges and they're great. Even a non drummer like me can be reasonably convincing using one of these kits.

More than happy to endorse.
JPH
Poster