You are here

Engineer/producer for acoustic fingerstyle guitar recommendations

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Engineer/producer for acoustic fingerstyle guitar recommendations

Postby Dan B » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:35 pm

First off, apologies if this is in the wrong place - I wasn't sure where else to put it.

I'm after someone with good, relevant experienced to help out with mic choice/positioning for recording an solo instrumental fingerstyle guitar album. (Most likely a multiple mic setup). Ideally I'm looking to "set and forget" the mics (for several different guitars - not ideal, but convenient) and leave them up to record over the coming months. I've set things up already - really just want to check I'm not doing anything too controversial, so probably only a couple of hours of needed initially, though I may also be interested in input later on for mixing/editing.

I'm based in London (near Brixton).

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Dan B
Regular

Re: Engineer/producer for acoustic fingerstyle guitar recommendations

Postby caveman82 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:20 am

What kind stuff do you make? Do you have a soundcloud page?

I'm based not too far from Brixton and make solo instrumental fingerstyle guitar myself and play live now and again. I've been recording myself with the few bits and pieces I have.

Send me a PM if you like, listen to my soundcloud page below if there's anything that could be of use...
caveman82
Frequent Poster

Postby Dan B » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Bump...
After a second pair of ears for mic positioning, and assistance with tracking/editing/comping. I've dug out a couple of names myself, but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations - the person who sets the mics need not be the same as the tracking/editing/comping person, but I'm keen to have someone with good ears/experience, ideally in this genre.
Many thanks.
Dan
Dan B
Regular

Postby The Elf » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Am happy to discuss. I'm based in Sheffield, but I work all over the country (and often abroad) tracking, mixing and mentoring. I can take work over the net for comping/mixing.

PM me if you're interested and I'll let you hear some examples.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Dan B » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Thanks - I've PM'd you.
Dan B
Regular