You are here

Spectral synthesis tools.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Spectral synthesis tools.

Postby gryfyx » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:45 pm

After infamous price tag of Atmogen and Aphex Twin promoted Metasynth, there was Alchemy (my favorite). Now Izotope Iris and, on the similar technology, Izotope RX came. And I must accept that Iris made me very happy with how it made some beautiful sounds from some really horrible recorded samples of mine that luckily I never deleted. This tool encouraged me to use my recorder more. Iris is great for any Ambient lover. I was a little skeptical about visual synthesis after the prime days of Metasynth. But now I'm backing it once again. Reason is that it does not start to control your ears, which I realized, and as Spectral Layers by Divide Frames is awaited which looks far more promising than any of these tools could do till now.
I think soon spectral synthesis will have its own dedicated DAW. A workstation engine which is built in and around spectral synthesis engineering. At least I would love to see so. I started this post to know your opinion on this.
gryfyx
Regular

Re: Spectral synthesis tools.

Postby Tartaruga » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:58 am

There was a DAW attached to the full version of Metasynth…(can’t remember the name).Personally,Metasynth changed the way i make music…It was such a different ‘medium’ and such huge possibilities…+I love the ‘correlation’ between image and sound.A game changer for me...
Tartaruga
Regular