You are here

Steinberg just tweeted announcing Cubase 7

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Steinberg just tweeted announcing Cubase 7

Postby oggyb » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 am

What with 6.5, they seem to be barfing out new versions at an alarming rate.

Cubase 7 What's New Page
oggyb
Frequent Poster

Re: Steinberg just tweeted announcing Cubase 7

Postby narcoman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:41 am

Have a look at the Nuendo6 and Nuage stuff. Interesting.
narcoman
Frequent Poster
Battenburg to the power of 20 - said by Richie Royale in a moment of genius. 4pm. Wed 16th Nov 2011. Remember where you were....

Postby oggyb » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:11 am

I was never friends with the C24 and Pro Tools, so Nuage isn't really for people like me great to see a fully integrated solution, of course. Long needed and an interesting collaboration between owner and subsidiary. No doubt it will lead eventually to a walled-garden exclusive ecosystem, tailored to HP workstations. Do we need another Avid?

I am intrigued by the new mixer system though, as it seems they bitchslapped that paradigm good. I wonder if the new strip plugins are any good.

Things I can see myself using:
  • Plugin/track search
  • MemZap
  • Extra 6dB fader headroom
  • New control room
  • Variaudio harmony tracks
oggyb
Frequent Poster

Postby The Elf » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:13 am

Multi-track VariAudio is welcome here, but I wonder how it copes with doubled tracks, as opposed to harmonies? It'll be a pain if the segments are overlapped in the display.

At the moment I can't see much else that greatly interests me, but maybe it will be different when I get my hands on it. The track icons might be helpful I suppose...
The Elf
Jedi Poster

An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Richie Royale » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:18 am

Well I'm still on C5, so provided C7 works on my older Intel on SL I'll go for it soon, if the upgrade price is right.
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster

Postby Richie Royale » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:21 am

Mac OS X Version 10.7/10.8

Oh well, I can wait!
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster

Postby jaminem » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:29 am

The more sensible integration of control room looks good, the new mixer looks good.
They seem to have their own 1176 emulation, which may be useful if I run out of DSP on my UAD, the Voxengo EQ looks useful.

I'll probably upgrade, Still no tabs though...
jaminem
Frequent Poster

Postby narcoman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:32 am

oggyb wrote: No doubt it will lead eventually to a walled-garden exclusive ecosystem, tailored to HP workstations. Do we need another Avid?

I think we DO need another Avid. All this "this DAW does everything" has led to a race to the bottom. There should always be two ways of doing things..... ICON with Eucon for secondary use would be perfect. Similarly Nuage with a secondary Eucon layer would work well. That way you can get the secure integrated operation of the DAW with its particular controller AND use of others DAWs for compatibility.

They've all competed in the "home studio revolution" and it's been a right pain in the ass!!!
narcoman
Frequent Poster
Battenburg to the power of 20 - said by Richie Royale in a moment of genius. 4pm. Wed 16th Nov 2011. Remember where you were....

Postby Sam Inglis » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:52 am

The feature they're calling Hermode is a very intriguing one. If it works well, I can imagine that making quite a difference to the realism of sample-based orchestral arrangements.
Sam Inglis
Frequent Poster

Postby Stuarto » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:11 am

I think the new C7 mixer looks like a must-have and the chord track seems like a good idea. Collaboration via VST Connect SE is an interesting departure.
Stuarto
Poster
When I have nothing to say my lips are sealed.

Postby OneWorld » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:31 am

I am so locked into Cubase but am beginning to wonder if it isn't time to switch, it used to cost me £50 for an upgrade, but the last few have been £100-150, it's getting too much too often, if only Reaper had patch name scripts and I didn't see quite a few VST probs posted on here with Reaper, I would switch right now
OneWorld
Frequent Poster

Postby Mash » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:53 pm

I took the risk adopting Cubase 6.0.0.0.0.0 after it's release coincided with having a new Master PC built and I knew I wouldn't have any other time to install anything for a while (and knew I could fall back on C4 if necessary). It was a notable improvement over C4 and has since performed admirably under heavy professional use on the same original first release so I'll probably jump on C7 as soon as I get a couple of days of downtime (earliest Q1 2013). Maybe on Windows 8 - who knows!

Mash
Mash
Regular

Postby NikHz » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:30 am

Argh Dammit! Missed out on the grace period upgrade to 7 by 22 days... Hope the upgrade from 6.5 to 7 is reasonably priced!
NikHz
Poster

One good thing about music is when it hits, you feel no pain...