You are here

Screen Recorder Audio

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Screen Recorder Audio

Postby Brilliant6 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:18 pm

G'day all, I've posted this topic on several computer forums in the last few days and received only one answer (which didn't work) so I'm hoping you people can help me.
I take lessons online and, as these are quite expensive and I have the memory span of a rock,I decided to record them. I bought what was supposedly the best screen recorder on the market and started recording my lessons. We use Skype as our communications device.

The software records the screen video and my voice perfectly but does not capture my instructor's voice coming through the earphones(I am using LifeChat LX-3000 headset/microphone).
Obviously this would be great if I wanted to listen to a guy with an Aussie accent (who swears a lot)but this is not why I bought the product.

I have attempted to contact the company I bought the software off of a huge number of times over the past three weeks by phone, email and technical support forum but they just don't respond or I get an answering machine.

Now I know absolutely nothing about these things but I'm betting there is some easy fix by changing a setting on my PC or whatever.

Anyone help or need more info? Give me a yell!

Thanks
Brilliant6

Re: Screen Recorder Audio

Postby Matt Houghton » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Difficult to say without knowing what you're using and what settings are available. But there are loads of free applications for this sort of thing. Try one of those and see if you have the same problem. If you do, it may be related to your windows setup. If not, then it's probably due to settings and/or flaws in the software you're using.

Skype recorders
Matt Houghton
Regular

SOS Reviews Editor

Re: Screen Recorder Audio

Postby Tamika Caleigh » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:42 am

This headset is very good quality and works really well with Skype right out of the box. The headset is comfortable to wear and works well for music/video too. The main draw-back is the fact that these are noise cancelling headphones. This means you cannot hear your own voice in a phone conversation which naturally makes you talk more loudly and is quite off-putting. I end up wearing one side on my head rather than my ear which is a bit awkward and looks silly. A mono version of these (or even better the option to remove one of the ears) would be great.

spam signature removed
Tamika Caleigh
Poster