You are here

Studio Wizard

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Studio Wizard

Postby Dins4ever » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Does anyone have any experiences of using the studio design & build services offered by Howard Turner?
Dins4ever
New here

Re: Studio Wizard

Postby Jack Ruston » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:56 pm

I've not actually used him for a build, but I have met him and spoken to him in detail about one. It was obvious to me that he knows exactly what he's doing.

J
Jack Ruston
Frequent Poster

Postby Jabba1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 pm

Last saw Howard in 1992 when he was running Swamp in Norfolk. Much as we used to take the p*ss out of his Tim Brooke Taylor haircuts, I've never had any reason to doubt his ability either behind the desk or as the Studio Wizard.
Jabba1
Regular

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Yes, I used him several years ago to sort out my old attic studio. Excellent chap and superb results. He came in, did a load of measurements then, literally on the back of an envelope, specced out the absorbers etc I'd need to build to achieve the necessary sound quality which indeed it did. Lovely bloke.
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster

Dr Huge's brand-new Christmas single 'Continental Xmas' now FREE to download https://soundcloud.com/hugelongjohns/co ... -christmas