You are here

Oxygen volume in Cubase

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Oxygen volume in Cubase

Postby DJonKelly » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi, sorry if this has come up before, I have searched the forums and extensively on the web but there seems to be no clear answer and I certainly haven't solved it.
I have an M-Audio Oxygen 49 KB controller which I am trying to use to create music in Cubase 5 and HalionOne . I can get sounds without a problem BUT at very low volume. Suggestions range from lowering the volume of the other tracks, (fine but what if it is the only track), to unintelligible macro based advice which seems to bear no relavence to the software / hardware I use. Everything else works well just this niggling problem.
Any suggestions?
DJonKelly

Re: Oxygen volume in Cubase

Postby alexis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Some dude named Winchell explaining how to set up Oxygen 25 in Cubase 5.

Hope that helps, or at least gets you going in the right direction again!
alexis
Frequent Poster

Cubase7.5.40 64bit;i5-4570 3.2GHz,16GB RAM;W10 64bit on Samsung SSD840 Pro256GB;Seagte 1TB SATA600 Audio;UR28M;Motif8;UAD2Solo;Jamstix 3.3;BCF2K;TC Helicon VoiceOne;RevoicePro3.2

Postby Richie Royale » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:47 pm

You should be able to adjust the velocity sensitivity in the Oxygen.

On the Oxygen keyboard:
1. Press the Advanced Function button. 2. Press the Velocity key. 3. Type the number of the desired velocity curve using the key pad, and press the Enter key.

http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/manuals/051014_OxyLine_UG-EN01_V1.PDF

Alternatively you can apply the MIDI compressor plug in on Cubase to bring up your playing level.
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster

Postby DJonKelly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks for your help on this. I still can't solve it though. What I have done is used a different VST instrument and guess what? I have volume! There must be something in HalionOne that I'm missing but hey ho , I'll ditch it and use something else.
Thanks again.
Dino
DJonKelly

Postby Richie Royale » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Some sounds have a wider playing range than others, but not 100% sure what might be your problem. Try the midi compressor plug in in cubase and bring up the gain on it to see if that helps on Halion stuff.
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster