You are here

searching for tune used in bbc programme 'boxing at the movies-kings of the ring'

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

searching for tune used in bbc programme 'boxing at the movies-kings of the ring'

Postby charlie chalk » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Hey peeps,

Wasn't sure where to post this but anyway..

I'm looking for the name of the piece of music that was used in the 'boxing at the movies' programme that is currently on bbc Iplayer. The said track is played from about 9.15 into the programme when the presenter is talking about edisons black moria theatre where the first ever boxing movie was filmed.
I think the same piece of music also gets used on channel 4 shorts when (not sure of the tecnical term)the commentator is presenting the next show. The one in mind is the ariel shot of buildings covered in scaffolding in the desert I think?

can anyone help

thanks

charlie
charlie chalk
Regular

Re: searching for tune used in bbc programme 'boxing at the movies-kings of the ring'

Postby Richie Royale » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:55 am

Put the subtitles on, it often tells you what the music is (not always)
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster

Re: searching for tune used in bbc programme 'boxing at the movies-kings of the ring'

Postby SevenIndustries » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:20 pm

I'm sure they're a relatively 'new' band from Glasgow. I did their sound about 6 months ago and remember them mentioning something about being used in a BBC documentary. If I can find the mention in my notebook - I'll come back to the topic.
SevenIndustries
Regular

Postby charlie chalk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Hey Richie,

thanks for the tip. unfortunately it didn't work but I'll remember that little gem for next time

cheers

charlie
charlie chalk
Regular

Postby charlie chalk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Hey seveninindustries,

thanks for the tip!

Glasgow! interesting stuff...Yeah, if you could remember the name of the band that would be wicked! I've actually been looking for this piece of music for a while..Now I've got a sample of it I'm gonna get on a mission to find out exactly what it is..

the mission continues...

thanks again
charlie
charlie chalk
Regular