You are here

Sonar X2 Producer Rewire Reason 5 problems, any ideas?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Sonar X2 Producer Rewire Reason 5 problems, any ideas?

Postby 9thaspect » Wed May 01, 2013 9:23 pm

I just want to be able to record my midi keyboard using the reason racks and record Dr Octorex drums. Cant seem to be able to set this up correctly, I have had a real problem with Dr Octorex drums. I want to be able to set up each synth or drums loop on a separate track, I could do this with no problem in Ableton and know I must be doing something wrong, but cant suss out what it is. I have tried quite a few videos on YouTube but they seem to be too advanced in the way they are doing things, I just need a simple set up. Anyone know how to do this or have any links to the right information. No expert so simplicity would be really cool, I am stuck on this one and I use Reason quite a lot so would really appreciate any advice or guidance.

Cheers!

This is definitely me at the moment

Cant find anything on here except some info from 2002, which is a really old version of both programs so the instructions are obsolete.
9thaspect
New here

Re: Sonar X2 Producer Rewire Reason 5 problems, any ideas?

Postby 9thaspect » Fri May 17, 2013 5:31 pm

No one any ideas? Am I committing a no no by asking
9thaspect
New here

Postby Wease » Fri May 17, 2013 6:46 pm

You're not committing a no no...

But you might be a little clearer in what you want the octo Rex to do
You can put up to 8 loops into 1 octorex and have the audio of these loops diverted to separate mono audio channels.
What you can't do is make the octorex play more than 1 loop at a time.....you can decide which loop of the 8 in the octorex you want to play via its midi channel...but only one at a time....

If you want to play 8 different loops simultaneously (like the clip play in ableton live?) then you need 8 separate octorexs (octorexes? Octorie?) ...which will come with 8 separate midi control channels etc

Does this help??

The propellor heads reason site is a great resource you know.....and the videos there on each instrument in the rack are very good...IMHO

Wease
Wease
Frequent Poster

Postby 9thaspect » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Thanks for the info its appreciated, I have sussed out that Reason 5 wont rewire into Sonar X2 P 64 bit, need to upgrade to a newer version I think 6 does.
9thaspect
New here

Postby mhaigh » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:33 pm

that's right; you could also install the 32 bit version of Sonar and use Reason 5, which might be easier (and will certainly be cheaper!)
mhaigh
Regular

My metal music! My other music!