You are here

Very small waveforms on Cubase 5

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Very small waveforms on Cubase 5

Postby Wiz Kid Cid » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:45 am

I'm a beginner at Cubase and I'm having trouble reading the waveforms of my recorded (guitar) audio as it so small (as if it were a background hum) that i have to extend the track to see the waves which are still really small even though the playback and monitoring levels are loud and clear. I've tried raising the volume of the interface input which makes the waves more visible, but this caused clipping so when i adjusted the guitar track by lowering the volume, the end result was visible (normal looking) waveforms, but a significant drop in the track volume (about half of the original volume). How can i make the waveforms bigger?
Wiz Kid Cid

Re: Very small waveforms on Cubase 5

Postby alexis » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:20 am

Wiz Kid Cid wrote:I'm a beginner at Cubase and I'm having trouble reading the waveforms of my recorded (guitar) audio as it so small (as if it were a background hum) that i have to extend the track to see the waves which are still really small even though the playback and monitoring levels are loud and clear. I've tried raising the volume of the interface input which makes the waves more visible, but this caused clipping so when i adjusted the guitar track by lowering the volume, the end result was visible (normal looking) waveforms, but a significant drop in the track volume (about half of the original volume). How can i make the waveforms bigger?

There are a few sliders on the right side of the waveform screen, one of them makes the waveforms bigger or smaller, without making the sound louder or softer. Maybe that will help?
alexis
Frequent Poster

Cubase7.5.40 64bit;i5-4570 3.2GHz,16GB RAM;W10 64bit on Samsung SSD840 Pro256GB;Seagte 1TB SATA600 Audio;UR28M;Motif8;UAD2Solo;Jamstix 3.3;BCF2K;TC Helicon VoiceOne;RevoicePro3.2

Postby The Elf » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:33 am

A beginner in Cubase, but using a version that's 5 years old? Hmmm...
The Elf
Jedi Poster

An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Carlo0910 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:43 am

I uses Cubase Le5 that come from my Tascam US 144 MKll that my friends gives to me
Carlo0910