You are here

40% off on WAVES plugins

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

40% off on WAVES plugins

Postby jaminem » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:21 am

Not sure if this is common knowledge but - In case you're interested

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=90

Just got Vocal Rider for £150

Makes them a bit more affordable, been liking the look of the rider for sometime now, but £300 was a touch pricey.
jaminem
Frequent Poster

Re: 40% off on WAVES plugins

Postby JamesSimpson » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:50 am

+1 API bundle here
JamesSimpson
Frequent Poster

Postby Ddub » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Hellooo!!!. Can anyone honestly say that ANY of the Waves Plugs are worth their shelf price??????. Maybe the ssl 4000 series, having said that. I personally feel that there's viable choices now, the PSP stuff's well worth alook in!!!!!
Ddub

Postby jaminem » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:49 am

Ddub wrote:Hellooo!!!. Can anyone honestly say that ANY of the Waves Plugs are worth their shelf price??????. Maybe the ssl 4000 series, having said that. I personally feel that there's viable choices now, the PSP stuff's well worth alook in!!!!!

Depends;

If you want the quality/GUI you have to pay the price. PSP stuff is nice I agree, but they don`t do a vocal rider plugin. Only Waves do, so if you want it you have to go to Waves.

Its not just about how they sound either, the GUI is very important to the way you interact with the plugin - the simpler the better IMO.

The replicas of studio classics for example have the user interface that made them so popular and 'classic' in the first place, so to recreate this accurately usually requires some sort of licensing agreement that adds to the cost.

Having said all of that, Waves stuff is expensive, hence my post about there being 40% off!
jaminem
Frequent Poster