You are here

9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Johnny Stecchino » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:24 pm

http://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic-rome-event.asp

Sounds very interesting! and it's in Rome

I'm gonna be there!
User avatar
Johnny Stecchino
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby franciskimberley » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:49 pm

That looks awesome! Shame, I've already booked my holiday this year and it's my honeymoon... Doubt my fiance would let me swap it for this!

"Hi honey, listen... how does Rome sound?"
User avatar
franciskimberley
Regular
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Johnny Stecchino » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Oh, franco I wouldn't like to create any hassle with the fiance... take into consideration though that Rome is a very nice city to travel in, but if your woman should wait all day alone it's probably not a good idea...
User avatar
Johnny Stecchino
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby John Willett » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Looks *very* interesting.

And you forgot to mention Florian Camerer - he is the top man when it comes to surround (New Year Concert from Vienna) and he is also *the* man when it comes to the new Loudness metering specs.

If you have not heard about this I strongly advise you to get acquainted with it.

I have been to several lectures / seminars on the subject - *most* interesting......
User avatar
John Willett
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4074
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2000 12:00 am
Location: Oxfordshire UK

John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons


Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Johnny Stecchino » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi John,
no I didn't hear about Florian Camerer and will check out, thanks. Are you kinda mocking me using "most" and "very" ? I'm gonna go to this seminar exactly because I DO have a lack of knowledge about the materia, otherwise what's the point? Sorry I didn't understand why using this sarcasm?
User avatar
Johnny Stecchino
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Urthlupe » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Johnny I think you'll find that John did simply mean what he said, that these lectures really are interesting.

Loopy
Urthlupe
Regular
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:00 pm
Location: West Midlands, UK

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Johnny Stecchino » Mon May 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Ah, ok, hope that's the case I couldn't understand the point.

BTW anybody who is interested subscription end at 6th of May!
User avatar
Johnny Stecchino
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby John Willett » Tue May 03, 2011 1:05 pm

Johnny Stecchino wrote:Hi John,
no I didn't hear about Florian Camerer and will check out, thanks. Are you kinda mocking me using "most" and "very" ? I'm gonna go to this seminar exactly because I DO have a lack of knowledge about the materia, otherwise what's the point? Sorry I didn't understand why using this sarcasm?


Urthlupe wrote:Johnny I think you'll find that John did simply mean what he said, that these lectures really are interesting.

Loopy


True - I meant exactly what I wrote.

I was certainly *not* mocking at all - I would never do such a thing.

I meant exactly what I said and these lectures look to be extremely interesting and I would recommend anyone who can possibly get there to go.
User avatar
John Willett
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4074
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2000 12:00 am
Location: Oxfordshire UK

John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons


Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Johnny Stecchino » Thu May 05, 2011 10:57 pm

No worries my friend John,
I understood I was wrong from what Urthlupe wrote.
Looking forward to participate in the event! Hope to see other forum members there,
Cheers,
Jonathan
User avatar
Johnny Stecchino
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Johnny Stecchino » Fri May 13, 2011 12:32 pm

I can not believe it!
TC electronics send me today this mail:

"TC Electronic" <romecalling@tcelectronic.com

Dear 'Rome Calling' participant,

You have applied for a seat at our Audio Seminar in Rome 9-10 June 2011. However, there has been more applicants than we can accommodate at the seminar. Therefore, it has been necessary to do a random pick among everyone who signed up.

Unfortunately, your name did not 'come up from the bowl', but we thank you very much for your interest in the seminar. In fact, we hope that you may still be interested in case we get any cancellations within the next couple of weeks. If this should happen, we plan to offer the seats that become available to those of you who have signed up, but not been picked in the initial drawing.

Best regards"

WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS??? Normally the first people to apply are the first one to get a place, I applied in the beginning of April (yeah, sorry guys I didn't put the advertise immediately, but not because of being opportunities) and they told me to wait for confirmation. Fair enough if other booked BEFORE me, I understand that but this NOT what they said... To me it smell of nepotism...
I wrote back to TC Electronics saying that and wait for they reply now (didn't write about the nepotism, that wouldn't be "political correct" - I hate this term...)
Would love to have a respond of any representative of TC Electronics on the forum (I know there is one but don't know if he/she is connected to this seminar...).
What do you think people?
This seems a strange way to deal with things.
Sorry for my anger but I'm furious! (naively I even asked in advance 2 days off from my employer...)

Best to all of you and peaceful mind
Jonathan

p.s. just wanted to share with friends and release some anger, sorry
User avatar
Johnny Stecchino
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Handlestash » Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm

I got my place and I applied just yesterday!

Whoop!
User avatar
Handlestash
Frequent Poster
Posts: 682
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:00 am
Location: Ireland


Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Johnny Stecchino » Fri May 13, 2011 3:26 pm

Handlestash wrote:Just kidding.


Ok mate, you gave me some laugh, THANKS; I was like - WHAT ??? (and checked the date - end time was 6th of May) and then so the other one....
User avatar
Johnny Stecchino
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...


Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby John Willett » Sun May 15, 2011 10:14 pm

Johnny Stecchino wrote:I can not believe it!
TC electronics send me today this mail:

"TC Electronic" <romecalling@tcelectronic.com

Dear 'Rome Calling' participant,

You have applied for a seat at our Audio Seminar in Rome 9-10 June 2011. However, there has been more applicants than we can accommodate at the seminar. Therefore, it has been necessary to do a random pick among everyone who signed up.

Unfortunately, your name did not 'come up from the bowl', but we thank you very much for your interest in the seminar. In fact, we hope that you may still be interested in case we get any cancellations within the next couple of weeks. If this should happen, we plan to offer the seats that become available to those of you who have signed up, but not been picked in the initial drawing.

Best regards"

WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS??? Normally the first people to apply are the first one to get a place, I applied in the beginning of April (yeah, sorry guys I didn't put the advertise immediately, but not because of being opportunities) and they told me to wait for confirmation. Fair enough if other booked BEFORE me, I understand that but this NOT what they said... To me it smell of nepotism...
I wrote back to TC Electronics saying that and wait for they reply now (didn't write about the nepotism, that wouldn't be "political correct" - I hate this term...)
Would love to have a respond of any representative of TC Electronics on the forum (I know there is one but don't know if he/she is connected to this seminar...).
What do you think people?
This seems a strange way to deal with things.
Sorry for my anger but I'm furious! (naively I even asked in advance 2 days off from my employer...)

Best to all of you and peaceful mind
Jonathan

p.s. just wanted to share with friends and release some anger, sorry

That's a real bummer, I fee from you.

I would write and tell them you applied early and advertised the event free for them by posting on forums and if you had known that by doing this free advertising for them you would be jeopardising your own place you wouldn't have done it.

Ask them why they did a lottery and not first come first served as is normally done.

Be polite and explain and they may squeeze you in.
User avatar
John Willett
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4074
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2000 12:00 am
Location: Oxfordshire UK

John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons


Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Johnny Stecchino » Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 pm

John Willett wrote:

That's a real bummer, I fee from you.

I would write and tell them you applied early and advertised the event free for them by posting on forums and if you had known that by doing this free advertising for them you would be jeopardising your own place you wouldn't have done it.

Ask them why they did a lottery and not first come first served as is normally done.

Be polite and explain and they may squeeze you in.

Dear John,
thanks for your suggestions; I already did all of them before writing my "complains" here. Though sometimes I'm a bold head I was very polite indeed, however nobody replies till now...
User avatar
Johnny Stecchino
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Jeraldo » Wed May 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Shesh-how very strange!

With tcelectronic involved, one can't expect too much of anything to be done with any forethought or organization. Nor, as it appears here, logic.

I hope they can accommodate you.

That would seem not only logical, but good PR in itself.

I hope you can attend-it would be a terrific group of people to hear!

In any case, you may begin receiving an unending blizzard of email............

Good luck!
Jeraldo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Johnny Stecchino » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 am

To anyone who is interested to know how the story went,
after writing a second letter and getting this response which actually didn't respond my question at all:

"I am truly sorry that we could not make room for everybody, the interest has really been overwhelming.
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards/Distinti Saluti

Betina Tønnes
Project Coordinator
TCGROUP international"

I called today Denmark and spoke with Betina Tønnes from tc and ask how comes they made this decision to pick up randomaly the audience and not give place to the first people who applied.
The respond was: this is the way we choose I can not give you more information and the organizer will give you the same answer.

No comment... I will leave it to you

Jeraldo wrote:Shesh-how very strange!
With tcelectronic involved, one can't expect too much of anything to be done with any forethought or organization. Nor, as it appears here, logic.

Hi Geraldo, interesting is there anything specific about tcelectronics with organizing?
User avatar
Johnny Stecchino
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Jeraldo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Johnny Stecchino wrote:

Hi Geraldo, interesting is there anything specific about tcelectronics with organizing?


There sure is!!! But I don't have time to write the book that would be required for the details. They display an utter and appalling lack of forethought to everything they do, from product releases, customer "service," and customer relations.

Evidently they've tamed their Harassment Department, aka marketing. Otherwise, you would have been complaining to them and to us by now. Be thankful for that!

Johnny Stecchino wrote: called today Denmark and spoke with Betina Tønnes from tc and ask how comes they made this decision to pick up randomaly the audience and not give place to the first people who applied.
The respond was: this is the way we choose I can not give you more information and the organizer will give you the same answer.

No comment... I will leave it to you


That certainly presents them in a flattering light.

I'm sorry things didn't work out. After seeing your recent post, I was hoping to read that they had accommodated you, and was going to ask you for a report after it was over.

Too bad for you, and shame on them.

As on some other occasions, they've gotten good (and often free) publicity for a product or event while not meeting reasonable expectations for the product or service.
Jeraldo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Jeraldo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Johnny-PM sent.
Jeraldo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!

Postby Johnny Stecchino » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:31 am

Jeraldo wrote:
I'm sorry things didn't work out. After seeing your recent post, I was hoping to read that they had accommodated you, and was going to ask you for a report after it was over.

Nothing to do and no serious responds.

The good news are that in the 8th (a day before the seminar in the topic), in the same place there will be a seminar held by Bob Katz http://www.digido.com/italian-seminar-notice.html

I just subscribe myself 2 hours ago - there are still some places left so if anyone is interested you have time till Monday to subscribe!

Looking forward!
User avatar
Johnny Stecchino
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aural Reject and 2 guests