You are here

Yet another free download stems... with a difference...

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Yet another free download stems... with a difference...

Postby VOLOVIA » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Dear all,

after decades of songwriting and production, I have decided to 'give away' acoustic versions of more than 20 of my original songs.
Each 'pack' song contains stems of (Waves 16 bits):

Acoustic guitar(s)
Piano
Hand percussions
Basic, very basic beats (BD and SD)
Voice and BVs

Plus:

Lyrics sheet
MIDI file for piano/chords

All the songs, although played mostly live, have been 'straightened' to precise beats and tempos, and mostly quantised. All the stems start at '0'.

You just need to drop these WAVE files into any DAW (6/7 tracks max) and drop loops, your accordion, nose flute, whatever, if this what you do, and play from there.

You can do what the hell you want with them, except a bit of 'respect', and knowledge my copy-write rights if 'published' (they are MCPS registered)

Even if you want to change the lyrics both in English or into another language, drop me a line that we can arrange a publishing share. Really, whatever.

Have fun! Some of the tracks were dimmed 'sure hits' by record companies in the past ("Call me" had alternative English lyrics written by George Michael for instance, and it also won demo of the month in Future Music mag..). Trust me, modesty aside, there are gems hidden there but be patient to listen to all of them, if interested, because they are not in any 'favourite' or best of order of listening.

The way it works is go to the SoundCloud acoustic sets, links below, listen, and if you want to have a go at one, just drop me a quick line and I will send you the link for the zip file with all that you need to start messing around.

I hope you enjoy what you hear and have fun... I had writing them.

Ciao

Acoustic Set 1
Acoustic Set 2
VOLOVIA
Regular

VOLOVIA - FACEBOOK - TWITTER Songwriter/guitarist

Re: Yet another free download stems... with a difference...

Postby Tartaruga » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:32 am

Hi
I won’t download the ‘stems’,but what a nice set of songs!
I enjoyed them very much and still listening to them right now…
Thanks for sharing!
And keep making them that good.
Ciao!
Pedro
Tartaruga
Regular

Postby Andi » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:26 am

Very cool. :bouncy:
Andi
Frequent Poster
Andi, www.thedustbowlaudio.com Mixing, Mastering, Audio Editing (and articles) at The Dustbowl Audio

Postby VOLOVIA » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks to both, Pedro and Andi.

Sadly my efforts have been less than successful.. Maybe it's true that nowadays you can't even give music away.. the challenge has shifted now from getting money to getting at least listening time for our music!

Anyhow, about 20 people downloaded free tracks from my SoundCloud site.. we shall see.. if I only had a soapopera starlet to sing some of my tunes or even go out with me...! Kidding, who cares?

Cheers guys!
VOLOVIA
Regular

VOLOVIA - FACEBOOK - TWITTER Songwriter/guitarist