You are here

mopho keyboard and midi

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

mopho keyboard and midi

Postby Chriscool » Mon May 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi I have a mopho keyboard that I bought just to mess about with (I am a guitarist really). The preset sequences are great but If you change key the timing goes wrong. I am told that this can be sorted out using "midI"; I don't really know what midi is and what I need to do to with it I see there are midi sockets at the back so what do I need to plug into it to make the timing right?
Chriscool
New here

Re: mopho keyboard and midi

Postby Neil C » Mon May 14, 2012 10:19 pm

MIDI is a standardized set of messages that enables MIDI equipped devices to communicate with each other. It was first introduced in 1983. It's bread and butter use is to tell a sound generating device to play particular note/s and when. It can also communicate utilitarian messages and the one I think that you probably need is MIDI clock - which synchronizes the tempo of a device with the MIDI clock sender.
You need something that generates MIDI clock. I haven't tried this but this looks like it might fit the bill (you have a computer and the cheapest MIDI clock is a free one):
http://www.winsite.com/Audio/Streaming-Audio/MIDIClock/
You then need a MIDI interface - you get get cheap USB ones like for instance:
cheap MIDI
and connect the MIDI out cable on that (or whatever else) to your Mopho MIDI in socket.
I can't guarantee that will work the way you want it to but it's the right kind of idea, if MIDI indeed can sort your issue out.

With a DAW you can record MIDI information from your keyboard and send 'recorded' or sequenced MIDI to your keyboard to tell it what to play.
Neil C
Regular

Re: mopho keyboard and midi

Postby Chriscool » Wed May 16, 2012 8:29 pm

Ok thanks looks like i can try that out for fairly Cheep:)
Chriscool
New here