You are here

In Search of the Lost Tribes - remix

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

In Search of the Lost Tribes - remix

Postby Folderol » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:51 pm

I first composed this about 4 years ago, but was far from happy with it, both from the point of view of the instrumentation as well as the production, so I've given it a rather thorough make-over.

I'd be very grateful for comments and/or suggestions.

Ogg Vorbis or mp3

P.S.
Obligatory blurb :)

"The travelers return to find their homes empty, with not a sign of their families and friends visible in the ruins of their village, nor the neighbouring villages. Indeed, even the great city is deserted and starting to decay, but there they find a clue.

A city scribe has left a tantalising scrap of paper that notes all must leave. There are details how, but no explanation of why, nor where the tribes will go.

The travelers rest for a few days while they consider their options, then with heavy hearts begin their search, having no idea of when or whether they will be reunited with their loved ones."
Folderol
Jedi Poster

Save paradise, Pull up a parking lot!

Re: In Search of the Lost Tribes - remix

Postby BJG145 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:36 pm

What a colourful write-up! Nice melody. I found the bass a little distracting - I think I'd prefer something less busy with more sustain. Stay focussed on melody and harmony, and resist the urge to noodle on those pan-pipes. ;)
BJG145
Frequent Poster

Re: In Search of the Lost Tribes - remix

Postby Folderol » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Thank you for listening.
That's a good call on the bass. I hadn't realised how intrusive it was until you mentioned it. I'll have another look at those noodles too :)
Folderol
Jedi Poster

Save paradise, Pull up a parking lot!