You are here

Adam Hall Monitor Isolation (ECO Series) -- anyone know *anything* about them?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Adam Hall Monitor Isolation (ECO Series) -- anyone know *anything* about them?

Postby Džoni » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:30 am

Hi all,

I'm looking into getting some monitor isolation pads, and I was initially thinking of going for the Auralex Acoustics MoPADs; I phoned my local music store to see if they had stock, but the sales guy also told me they have the Adam Hall ECO monitor isolation pads (SPADECO2 - http://www.adamhall.com/en/Adam_Hall_Stands_PAD_ECO_Series_-__Monitor_Isolation_Pad_SPADECO2.html), which he claimed are "better and cheaper".

Now, I'd never heard of Adam Hall at all before, and Googling (as well as forum and site searches here) have returned pretty much zilch. Does anyone use these or know anything useful about them? Are they indeed "better" than the MoPADs?

Any input is appreciated!
Džoni
Regular

Re: Adam Hall Monitor Isolation (ECO Series) -- anyone know *anything* about them?

Postby James Perrett » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:40 am

Adam Hall are well known for cases and hardware. Since they use lots of foam in their cases I guess branching out and offering different grades of foam for isolation would be sensible for them.

James.
James Perrett

JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration.
http://www.jrpmusic.co.uk

Re: Adam Hall Monitor Isolation (ECO Series) -- anyone know *anything* about them?

Postby Richie Royale » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:56 am

I use the Universal Acoustics Vibro Pad, but I can't compare them to anything else. They seem to do the job and I used the spare pieces under my sub (not in the studio) and the foam seems to be holding up fine under the weight. I have the powered AE22s (in the studio), which aren't exactly light either.
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster

Postby Džoni » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:12 am

Thanks for the input!

I've decided to err on the side of caution and go with the Auralex. To their detriment, Adam Hall have no real online presence or reviews, so I have absolutely no idea how good or bad they are.

Cheers!
Džoni
Regular

Postby The Red Bladder » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:27 am

No on-line presence?

AH have a huge website and have been selling acoustic treatment products for decades and are also the company behind several fairly familiar products and were once owners of Fane, Warfdale, and others and still own Palmer, makers of DI boxes, splitters and cable testers.

I have been buying from them since 1979 and they used to even do some MI stuff, including Ultimate Percussion and 3rd Generation. They now distribute Faital Pro, Eminence Speakers, BMS Loudspeaker, Audac, Neutrik Connectors, Amphenol und K&M Stands, as well as their own brands Palmer and Liquid Dynamics.
The Red Bladder
Frequent Poster

Postby Džoni » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:37 am

Sorry, let me rephrase: (just about) no online presence with their monitor isolation products.

This I say especially in comparison with Auralex, which has hundreds of (mostly positive) reviews.
Džoni
Regular

Postby Džoni » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm putting this on here if it ever proves useful to anyone:

I went to the music shop and had a look at both the Auralex and the Adam Hall. I couldn't perform an acoustic comparison between the two as they were both in their packaging, but the Auralex is noticeably denser and firmer than the Adam Hall, for what it's worth.
Džoni
Regular