You are here

Cubase 7 - Did they Fix Negative Latency Issue?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Cubase 7 - Did they Fix Negative Latency Issue?

Postby dbfs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:57 am

In notice much excitement on the web about the Cubase 7 announcement.

However, I wait in anticipation to see if they have fixed the negative latency issues described by Matt Houghton in the Dec 2011 article "Using Outboard Gear" a dn as as detailed here:
http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showf ... in=1000496

Incidently I contacted Steinberg recently regarding this and received the following reply 9 days ago:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much for you email regarding a Steinberg product.
As you already know this issue has been passed to our engineering department and should be solved on a future update.
Unfortunately I am not able to inform you when and on which update.

Best regards.
Guillermo Navarrete
Steinberg Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope that they have fixed this as it is a genuine technical concern and probably more important than track icons. Cockos have also stated that they will sort out problems with the Reaper ReaInsert plugin sometime in the future.

Anyway, for the time being, lets hope that Steinberg have indeed addressed the shortcomings so that we can part with our cash knowing that we are buying a well engineered DAW.

Finger Crossed.

:ooo:
dbfs
Regular

dbfs

Re: Cubase 7 - Did they Fix Negative Latency Issue?

Postby Matt Houghton » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi Brian,

I don't know yet... but surely you'll want to wait for our review anyway? ;)

It's not a huge issue for me, and to be fair to Steinberg, nothing that passes through AD/DA can have an actual negative latency... so Steinberg shouldn't have to handle negative values. But it does need sorting, and it just seems to me that it's most easily compensated for by the host DAW.

Matt.
Matt Houghton
Regular

SOS Reviews Editor

Re: Cubase 7 - Did they Fix Negative Latency Issue?

Postby dbfs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I really hope its sorted. In the event that it is not, then I hope that it will be mentioned in the review. Speaking on which, I can't wait.

Regards,
Brian.
dbfs
Regular

dbfs