You are here

Sound On Sound Mix Rescue December 2012 Children Of No One

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Sound On Sound Mix Rescue December 2012 Children Of No One

Postby Plockton Blue » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:08 pm

We had our track re-mixed in the mix-rescue feature and are made up with the way it turned out. Great job guys. Here are the before and after so you can hear the difference, plus the stems in case anyone else fancied having a go.

You can download the before and after here - Chudziak - Children of No One, original mix and re-mix

You can download the stems from here - stems (WIN & OSX)> stems for Children Of No One" a.k.a. "Hal"

(username "info", password "chudziak2012"
Plockton Blue
Poster

Re: Sound On Sound Mix Rescue December 2012 Children Of No One

Postby oggyb » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 am

Night and day. Song is enjoyable too :3
oggyb
Frequent Poster

Postby zenguitar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 am

And a big THANK YOU for putting the stems up for others to try. It is appreciated.

Andy
zenguitar

Largely, but not entirely, dysfunctional.

Postby Mike Senior » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:53 am

Plockton Blue wrote:We had our track re-mixed in the mix-rescue feature and are made up with the way it turned out. Great job guys. Here are the before and after so you can hear the difference, plus the stems in case anyone else fancied having a go.

Glad you enjoyed the experience -- not one of my remixes, this, but I'm sure Paul White will be pleased that you got a result that was useful!

You can download the stems from here - stems (WIN & OSX)> stems for Children Of No One" a.k.a. "Hal"

Would you like me to host this (for free, of course) as part of the multitrack download library? There are already a lot of my Mix Rescue multitracks in there. I don't know whether you have any restrictions on your own hosting space, but it'd be great to secure these stems for readers/students in the long term if you were willing.
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster

Postby scw » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:45 am

To the artist - enjoyed the song and great vocals.

To Paul White - wow! what a great mix. Enjoyed this tremendously.

Stewart
scw
Regular

Postby Plockton Blue » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Mike, that's great, I'm okay for the stems to be hosted in the library. They weigh in at 600mb a hit, so yes please, I'd appreciate that, thanks.

Are you happy to lift the stems from my site or would you prefer a copy of the cd from the studio?

Also, Matthew, Andy and Stewart, thanks for the feedback, made up you're enjoying it.

Bill
Plockton Blue
Poster

Postby Mike Senior » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:11 am

Plockton Blue wrote:Mike, that's great, I'm okay for the stems to be hosted in the library. They weigh in at 600mb a hit, so yes please, I'd appreciate that, thanks.

Are you happy to lift the stems from my site or would you prefer a copy of the cd from the studio

Good news! I think I've already got them down from your site, so you don't need to do anything more. I'll format them into a single ZIP and upload them today, and post the public link on this thread. If you just check that the download is right once I've done that, then you can clear the hosting space and I can add the public link to the library listings properly.
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster

Postby Mike Senior » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:03 pm

I've just finished uploading the multitracks to the library. Here's a link to the listing:

Bill Chudziak: 'Children Of No-one'.

Thanks again for letting everyone have a go at mixing these files -- in conjunction with Paul's article it makes a great educational resource.
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster

Postby Plockton Blue » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi,

I've received some more re-mixes for Children Of No One and I wanted to share them with the community. Basically, I'm trying to identify what works (and what doesn't) for a re-master. There is also the possibility of doing new vocals but that's another subject for another thread.

Jaroslav Celujko sent a mix rich in delays whilst Witek Nowak went heavy on the rock! Eric Williams mix was particularly interesting and Eric also intimated that he was keen to hear what Mike Senior thought of his mix.

Keeping in mind my original version is professionally mastered, how do you feel the other versions compare?

You can listen to the various mixes at Sound Cloud or you can download a handy zip file of the versions.

Thanks guys, appreciate it

Bill

Here's how the different mixes look.

Plockton Blue
Poster

Postby Mike Senior » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:05 am

Plockton Blue wrote:I've received some more re-mixes for Children Of No One and I wanted to share them with the community.

The best side of the internet at work! There are seven more remixes here, if you wanted more options -- although maybe that'll only confuse the issue further...

Eric also intimated that he was keen to hear what Mike Senior thought of his mix.

I get so many requests for feedback now that I can't promise anything, but the best chance is if he posts it at the link with those other remixes above. I'm planning on doing a big feedback binge in mid-Feb, so hopefully I'll be able to get him some thoughts then.
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster