You are here

No future Pro Tools support for Avid 003 hardware?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

No future Pro Tools support for Avid 003 hardware?

Postby David Topple » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:44 pm ... t-0812.htm

This may have been discussed here already since it appeared in SOS about four months ago (I'm a bit behind with my reading) but it seems that from Pro Tools 11 onwards, Pro Tools will no longer support the old 002 and 003 interfaces.

I don't quite get this. When I bought my 003 Rack Plus, you HAD to have it connected to the computer in order to use Pro Tools at all - and now, if I'm not mistaken, from PT11 the 003 won't be supported at all. Eh? How can that be? I thought the whole idea of the new 'dongle-dependent' Pro Tools (and what a pain THAT is sometimes) was that you could use it with any interface? Presumably I've got the wrong end of the stick here. It would be a bit stupid if Pro Tools 11 were to remain compatible with my small Mackie Onyx interface, as at present, but not with older Avid hardware.
David Topple

Re: No future Pro Tools support for Avid 003 hardware?

Postby twotoedsloth » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:56 am

Unfortunately, Digi/Avid does this every couple of years. The good side is that you can now buy an RME interface and run with future versions of Pro Tools - or whatever else you choose to run for at least 5-8 years.
Frequent Poster