You are here
Great advice on my last mix, how about this?
Be curious to what people think the quality of the studio/equipment we used on this is like also?
- Posts: 258
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:00 am
There's not much wrong with that mix, but... I would:
- dry the lead vocal up
- push the guitars a little wider
- tighten the timing of the kick/bass a little
- thin out the distorted vocal
- widen the vocal harmonies away from stereo centre
Its hard to tell from a Youtube video, but overall I'd say there's a bit of mid congestion and a slight lack of 'air'. The drums/tambourine show this most, but the lead vocal seems to fare best.
- Jedi Poster
- Posts: 10174
- Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2001 11:00 pm
- Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests