You are here

bouncing stereo files as mono

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

bouncing stereo files as mono

Postby slightly » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:00 pm

heys, lads I'm finding the giveth number of mono outs for ultrabeat(logic drum sampler)-not enough for my needs,
............... I'm curious as if there is technical "issues" if I load ultrabeat on a STEREO instrument channel in Logic,
(by the number of times I need it) load a mono drum sample into this stereo instrument, process it with eq etc using stereo components and then bounce as a mono drum trk file, are there technical flaws with processing using stereo components and bouncing as mono? because if I look at drum samples loaded into a stereo instance of ultrabeat drum sampler, on a stereo visualizer they still seem pretty much mono or still, at least a very narrow image, on my visualizer and then Im processing using stereo components, is this an issue I'm wondering
slightly
Regular

Re: bouncing stereo files as mono

Postby Bossman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:42 pm

The only technical issue is mono compatibility.. And it's only an issue if your ears tell you something is wrong when you listen in mono.

If you can't hear a difference when you switch between mono and stereo then you don't have a problem. The only other issue is using double the CPU to process a stereo channel.
Bossman
Frequent Poster

Re: bouncing stereo files as mono

Postby slightly » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Hey Bossman, thanks for putting my
Mind at ease.. I didn't fathom it could be
Big deal but safer to know(now before continuing
This route)
Cheers
slightly
Regular