You are here

Focusrite Scarlett Studio - Review

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Focusrite Scarlett Studio - Review

Postby Peter Pan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:55 am

Has anyone here used the Focusrite Scarlett Studio? If yes, please give reviews on the same. Would like to know more about the mic and headphones in the package. I tried to read more about the mic, but there are no reviews and the product is not listed separately in the focusrite website. Or should I buy just the Scarlett 2i2 card and pair it up with any other choice of headphones and microphone? My purpose is recording vocals in a home studio setup.

Thanks
Peter Pan
New here

Re: Focusrite Scarlett Studio - Review

Postby whis4ey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 am

That seems to be a fairly useful piece of kit for a beginner, although there seem to be many variations available at consequently varied prices
The 2i2 is a reasonable interface, and focusrite rarely sell 'duff' equipment :)
whis4ey
Regular

Postby Peter Pan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:51 pm

whis4ey wrote:That seems to be a fairly useful piece of kit for a beginner, although there seem to be many variations available at consequently varied prices
The 2i2 is a reasonable interface, and focusrite rarely sell 'duff' equipment :)

Thanks very much, Sam :)
Peter Pan
New here

Postby Frog » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:22 pm

I bought a 2i2 and a SE mic (x1) for general recording of vox and acoustic guitar on my ipad and laptop. It works very well, simple set up and good sound quality.
Mine was from an eBay shop studio spares.
Frog
Poster

Postby Peter Pan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Thank you Frog :)
Peter Pan
New here