You are here

Any Harmonica Players here? Thinking of my 1st chromatic ...

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Any Harmonica Players here? Thinking of my 1st chromatic ...

Postby alexis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi - I'm thinking of buying a chromatic, for more of a, well, chromatic sound than the usual bendy blues I get with the Hohner Marine Band, etc.

I was kind of shocked to see the prices ($200 or so), so it is no longer just an impulse-let's-just-pop-down-to-Guitar-Center-and-see-if-they-have-one-on-the-shelf kind of purchase.

Anyone here play a chromatic harmonica? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

PS - sorry if wrong place to post this, I couldn't quite figure out which subforum to put this in ... "gear"? ... mods, please move as you see fit ... thanks!
alexis
Frequent Poster

Cubase7.5.40 64bit;i5-4570 3.2GHz,16GB RAM;W10 64bit on Samsung SSD840 Pro256GB;Seagte 1TB SATA600 Audio;UR28M;Motif8;UAD2Solo;Jamstix 3.3;BCF2K;TC Helicon VoiceOne;RevoicePro3.2

Re: Any Harmonica Players here? Thinking of my 1st chromatic ...

Postby Natural Dissolve » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 am

I play harmonica, but not the chromatic one. Boy it sure seems like a big investment for an instrument that is pretty hard to play. No more sliding from one note to another. Would be fun to try out, but I'm not sure it's 200 dollars worth to try out. Might take years of dedication to master that instrument. You'd have to learn scales and junk.
Natural Dissolve
Poster