You are here

Noveltech Vocal Enhancer - "Trust me it works".

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Noveltech Vocal Enhancer - "Trust me it works".

Postby alexis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:15 am

Just two knobs to a better voice.

So, it has rave reviews in general, but I have looked around on the web and can't find anything more than speculative on how it works. Some people say it just has magical qualities. Others say it must be some combination of compression, eq, distortion.

Does anyone have one of these? I'm likely not in the market, but I like to at least have an iota of an idea how things work ... but this is like a magical bean or something. Has anyone, perhaps Hugh or other SOS engineering types done any reverse engineering one of these to the degree they can predict how it will affect a certain signal in?

Thanks -
Frequent Poster

Cubase7.5.40 64bit;i5-4570 3.2GHz,16GB RAM;W10 64bit on Samsung SSD840 Pro256GB;Seagte 1TB SATA600 Audio;UR28M;Motif8;UAD2Solo;Jamstix 3.3;BCF2K;TC Helicon VoiceOne;RevoicePro3.2

Re: Noveltech Vocal Enhancer - "Trust me it works".

Postby trupro » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:05 pm

This drew my eye with the tag words "M. Massenburg shows you what's under the hood"...

Although i cant watch it im remoted so the playback is choppy, i do notice they show a basic block schematic, which suggests, along with the claim 'better than conventional enhancers' that it primarily works with harmonics. Only a guess since 'conventional' enhancers traditionally boost harmonics and partials to impart color. Cheers!
New here