You are here

Making Bass Drops For Metal

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Making Bass Drops For Metal

Postby Mr.MixAlot » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:21 pm

Hey guys I've got a Metal project coming up this week. The band has some Dubstep elements to it so they will most likely want to have some big bass drops and who knows what else. I've been doing some digging on quick ways to make these while still being able to manipulate them in real time quickly. I found a YouTube video of this plugin but I can't find much info on it or how I can buy the damn thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RStT4DeTBZ8

Do you guys know of a way to do something similar like this plugin? I really don't want to screw around with recording a tone generator. Thanks in advance!
Mr.MixAlot
Poster

Re: Making Bass Drops For Metal

Postby fHumble fHingaz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:30 am

I've been involved with beta testing the Sasquatch Kick Machine... It's an awesome plugin that doesn't really have an equivalent...it's due to be officially launched in 2 days time.

Here is a link to the plugin: http://bozdigitallabs.com/product/sasqu ... k-machine/
fHumble fHingaz
Regular

Postby fHumble fHingaz » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Actually, they have a special promotion happening for the Sasquatch plugin at the moment

Sasquatch Plugin Promotion
fHumble fHingaz
Regular

Postby Storm08 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:19 pm

The 50% offer hasn't been available for a little while now. Have to wait until tomorrow to pay full price to get it.
Storm08
Poster
I'm gonna walk into the woods and I'm never gonna come back... but when I come back, I'm gonna be the Knife Master!

Postby fHumble fHingaz » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:38 pm

As far as I know, it still applies for another 8 hours... Sorry, I messed up the link - here it is correct:

Sasquatch Promo
fHumble fHingaz
Regular

Postby Ron Snijders » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:53 pm

On the Boz Digital Labs page it says 'out of stock'. But the banner on Recordingreview says the sale will last until Friday. So I guess it will be on sale after it's released.
Ron Snijders
Regular

Postby fHumble fHingaz » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:47 pm

Ron Snijders wrote:On the Boz Digital Labs page it says 'out of stock'. But the banner on Recordingreview says the sale will last until Friday. So I guess it will be on sale after it's released.

Hmmm... not sure what's up there - I will check it out.
fHumble fHingaz
Regular

Postby fHumble fHingaz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:33 am

Just checked with the developer - sorry for the confusion - yeah, Sasquatch will apparently be available at the sale price in a few hours time...

Fantastic, extremely versatile plugin - highly recommended!
fHumble fHingaz
Regular

Postby Mr.MixAlot » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Just bought it. This thing is insane lol! Thanks for the link!
Mr.MixAlot
Poster

Postby fHumble fHingaz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:02 am

Mr.MixAlot wrote:Just bought it. This thing is insane lol! Thanks for the link!

No problem - enjoy!
fHumble fHingaz
Regular

Postby Ron Snijders » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Scored it as well. It's a beast! I'm having a wee bit of trouble taming it (it's filling up my buss with near-inaudible sub-bass), but I guess I'll mostly need to fiddle with it some more

And I was among the first 25 to buy it, so I get a future plug for free
Ron Snijders
Regular

Postby bonesinc » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:07 am

Ron Snijders wrote:And I was among the first 25 to buy it, so I get a future plug for free

I bought it as well. Unfortunately I wasn't among the first 25, even though I bought it on the day of the release.
I guess their efforts to promote the plugin were not in vain.

It can make your meters move like crazy without even hearing a thing. If it went even lower it would just be DC.

Matt
bonesinc
Poster

Postby fHumble fHingaz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:05 am

Cool! Great that you guys are enjoying it - This thing can do so much more than sub-bass..
Try playing around with the harmonics generator & the "dive" control - also, the "Attack" X-Y control is great for bringing back life into the top end of drums (not just kicks).

There are a few examples of what it can do here: Examples (scroll down below the main video & you'll see them, along with some further tutorial-type videos to the bottom right hands side of the screen.)

Oh, & BTW, you can trial the plugin unhindered, if you're not sure you'll use it.
fHumble fHingaz
Regular