You are here

which music library ?

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

which music library ?

Postby JackG » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:37 am

HI ,

I am a serious hobbyist who has spent most of the last year getting my home studio up and running and getting to grips with it.

I work full time , so I compose in my (limited) spare time.

I have always had an ambition of getting some of my music submitted to a music library , I know that this can be a long process and requires lots of material , but I dont intend to make a living from it , Its an ambition I have always wanted to fulfill.

Getting my composition played somewhere and receiving a fee would be icing on the cake , buts thats not the goal at the moment.

I understand nowadays that its a bit easier than it used to be , as there are many online libraries available.

My question is , can anyone recommend some libaries to me that they have some experience of , one where I could submit my work on an (albeit slow) ongoing basis , with a *chance* of it being used commercially?

I know there are quite a few out there, but im just not 100% sure which ones a reputable and would be best to target.

Many thanks,
JackG
Poster

Re: which music library ?

Postby Phil O » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Phil O
Frequent Poster