You are here

Recording Musician Network starting

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Recording Musician Network starting

Postby RejoicingVoice » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:24 am

Just opened today: The Recording Musicians' Network , a free, quality website to connect and collaborate on creating new songs. It is based on the concept of "track sharing," where recording musicians from various geographical locations are hired to contribute an instrument layer to someone else's project. Members can form virtual bands, post audio samples of what they have to offer, and browse other available musicians and project invitations.

A valuable tool for artists, producers, engineers, and recording musicians, from professional level to serious students. It is a God-glorifying atmosphere of non-denominational believers.

Visit RecordingMusicians.net to learn more & join today!
RejoicingVoice

Re: Recording Musician Network starting

Postby narcoman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:33 am

shudder.
narcoman
Frequent Poster
Battenburg to the power of 20 - said by Richie Royale in a moment of genius. 4pm. Wed 16th Nov 2011. Remember where you were....

Postby Dynamic Mike » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:14 pm

Much like the Christian Minger dating agency, it's yet another example of selective exclusivity. No problem though, we already know who has the best tunes...
Dynamic Mike
Frequent Poster

And of course there must be something wrong. In wanting to silence any song.

Postby duesenberg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Rejoicing Voice, this looks like a great site - praise be! I applaud your determinedness to create a forum for God fearing sould to congregate and share in the musical bounty of the Lord. I've just been browsing the Terms of Service as posted on the site - could I clarify a couple of things with you?

'This is a non-denominational network of God-fearing, Scripture-obeying musicians.' - This being the case, can you assure me that there is a mechanism in place for weeding out aspiring members who are not intent on living by the word of our Lord? For instance, I, for one, would be aghast to find after the fact, that I had been collaborating with a bluegrass viola player who bore tattoos upon her skin, contrary to Leviticus / chapter 19. Similarly, perhaps there is a way to ensure that members do not break the Sabbath whilst undertaking work sourced through the site? As a Scripture obeying musician, I worry greatly about this teaching being flaunted.

Any thoughts you'd care to share with us would be hugely welcomed.
duesenberg
New here

Postby GlynB » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:59 pm

duesenberg wrote:I had been collaborating with a bluegrass viola player who bore tattoos upon her skin, contrary to Leviticus / chapter 19.

Er, do you have any pictures, please?
GlynB
Regular

Postby duesenberg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Certainly GlynB - it's this kind of misguided interpretation of our Lords word that I fear I may encounter:

No doubt the bearer intended it to honour Our Fathers Son, Jesus Christ, but it is entirely contrary to the teachings contained within the Old Testament.
duesenberg
New here

Postby GlynB » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Christ on a bike!

I wish i hadn't asked now!
GlynB
Regular

Postby oggyb » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:27 pm

GlynB wrote:Christ on a bike!
Looks like a swearing T-Rex to me.