You are here
Public Liability Insurance
From MU website:
Members are insured for legal liability of £10m, to cover injury to members of the public or damage to property. You also get instrument and equipment insurance up to £2,000, Personal Accident cover and tax investigation cover. NEW: Members have access to Professional Indemnity Insurance Scheme from just £50 a year (plus £5 admin fee)."
- Lord Of Tea
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:00 am
SwingKing wrote:Thanks but I don't want to join. If they offered PLI on its own then I might consider it; it's all the other stuff that comes with joining that I don't want.
You can ignore their other services and activities. The only question is whether the subscription ia a competititive price for £10M PLI.
Even if it does also currently fund a project on LGBT musicians in the workplace. Highly valuable I'm sure. But why am *I* paying for it?
- Exalted Wombat
- Jedi Poster
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:00 am
- Location: London UK
You don't have to write songs. The world doesn't want you to write songs. It would probably prefer it if you didn't. So write songs if you want to. Otherwise, dont. Go fishing instead.
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:00 am
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:00 pm
- Location: County Durham
This time next week, who'll give a sh*t http://www.podcastrevision.co.uk
1. Can anyone recommend a good supplier of PLI for _bands_ ?
2. How much is a typical PLI premium for a 5 piece band?
3. Is it correct that the MU automatic PLI only covers the member and not the band?
4. Lastly, is is possible for an individual to take out PLI that would cover any (named?) band(s) that he might play in?
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 2935
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:00 pm
- Location: Maidenhead
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi
(I came, I saw, I conkered)
But can anyone seriously think we would be where we are now with workplace safety, equality, job protection, redundancy law (such as it now is!) WITHOUT the unions?
Look at how "they" squealed stuck pig about minimum wage!
- Jedi Poster
- Posts: 7073
- Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 11:00 pm
- Location: northampton uk
#They did not listen, they are not listening still...Perhaps they never will?#
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest