You are here

Steven Slates Trigger 2 Installation

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Steven Slates Trigger 2 Installation

Postby Divard » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi All

I'm looking for some advise about Steven Slates Trigger 2 software.

I have purchased, downloaded, activated the iLok licence, and installed the software but the plugin does not show in my plugins list. I've also reset and scanned the audit units in the Audio Units Manager (Logic Pro 8) but still no sign of the plugin.

I suspect the plugin is not actually installing as it is not showing in the Applications folder on the System HD (despite getting the "installation complete" confirmation)

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or maybe able to offer some advice?

I'm running Snow Leopard OS and Logic Pro 8

D
Divard
Poster

Re: Steven Slates Trigger 2 Installation

Postby mashedmitten » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Have to pay close attention to install paths and change them during install. Run the install again to find out where the default location is. It's most likely in the program folder for the plug, (or the Mac equivalent). Actually, it should give the default path in the install instructions.
mashedmitten
Frequent Poster
Nate

My sole goal in life is to make people projectile spew their beverages, from mouth and nostrils, all over their screens, keyboards, themselves and others, over my incessant bollox.

Postby desmond » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Divard wrote:I've also reset and scanned the audit units in the Audio Units Manager (Logic Pro 8) but still no sign of the plugin.

Is the plugin shown in he au manager, or is it not there at all?

Divard wrote:I suspect the plugin is not actually installing as it is not showing in the Applications folder on the System HD (despite getting the "installation complete" confirmation)

Plugs don't install to the Applications folder, they install to one of the two main plugin folders:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
or
/Users/*you*/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

Divard wrote:Has anyone experienced a similar problem or maybe able to offer some advice?
I'm running Snow Leopard OS and Logic Pro 8

You have very old OS and applicaion software - are you sure they conform to the system requirements of the plugin you purchased? Did you check this before purchase? It's very common for current software to require much later versions of OSX than Snow Leopard...
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive
Vintage issues of Sound On Sound, Electronics & Music Maker, Music Technology and more...

Postby Divard » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Thanks for the replies

The plugin is not showing in the AU Manager at all yet I can see the component is installed in the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ folder.

I did check the system requirements and OS 10.6.8 is fine (albeit the minimum). I couldn't find any info on what version of Logic is required. Perhaps it doesn't work on Pro 8 but their website makes no reference I can find. Having said that I have now just found this:

'Slate Digital Plugins are not tested in the following DAWs but they could work". Listed here is Logic Pro 8. I think I will need to contact customer support.

Kind regards

Dave
Divard
Poster

Postby Divard » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:58 am

By way of an update, the very helpful support team at Slate provided an older version of the Trigger 2 installer. Ran this and it now all works.

D
Divard
Poster