You are here

Frustrating times!

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Frustrating times!

Postby Sounds-and-images » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi all, not been active on the forum for far too long. I posted a thread about strange behaviour of my mac g5 quad and it turned out to be processor and the ram gone belly up.

And as I have been concentrating on work as a photographer hadn't had the cash or the inclination to sort it, but now I have a broken camera and while I have the spare time, I am catching up on what is new Andean macs and sample libs.

I am now thinking a second user mac pro might be the way to go in the new year, would be even better if I could get someone to by or license music that I have already done.

Still determined to come back into the fold of music making and will be watching and reading the forum with interest.

Simon.
Sounds-and-images
Regular

Re: Frustrating times!

Postby Poly » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:03 am

I'm sure there's a question in there somewhere but I can't find it.

Anyhoo, welcome back.
Poly
Poster

PolycorpMedia

ProTools HD10 / 24ch Lynx Aurora / API / SSL / A-Designs / TK-Audio / SPL / Raindirk / Hearback

Postby Richie Royale » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:16 am

Just keep chipping away at it!
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster

Postby Sounds-and-images » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks Poly and Richie. Yes been interesting. Teaches me a lesson on how not to be a ham fisted git.. The Mac I could do nothing about. Looking forward to reading SOS again for ideas and tips, I really have missed making music and the forums here. Just need a new mac and some virtual instruments and all will be sweet!!
Sounds-and-images
Regular

Postby Richie Royale » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:27 pm

I wouldn't say no to a newer Mac myself, but I should be saving to buy a house. But, this is music, I keep buying random bits of equipment, which I guess if I didn't for a 9-10 months, then I could buy a good second hand mac!
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster

Postby Sounds-and-images » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:32 pm

I know what you mean. It has got harder and harder though to get something back from music due to the current times. I am thinking a second user machine for now now, I have everything else so the tower is the only thing I need..

Though I need some new lenses for the camera too..
Sounds-and-images
Regular

Postby jellyjim » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Sounds-and-images wrote:Though I need some new lenses for the camera too..

And for those of you out there without photographic preoccupations - you thought audio gear was expensive? Try dumping a couple of pro lenses in your shopping basket ... £1000s!
jellyjim
Frequent Poster

Original artwork and unique devices inspired by vintage technology http://www.thisisobsolete.com

Postby Sounds-and-images » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:08 pm

That is exactly where I am JellyJim. One is £600 (macro) and an ultra wide @ £600 and a pro zoom at £1200.. Prices are bad at the moment due to the exchange rates, the Japan Tsunami and the flooding in Thailand..

Looks like music and camera repair first... Unless someone buys pics or much from me.. Highly unlikely but you never know and I may aswelllivemin hope LOL!
Sounds-and-images
Regular