You are here

How to do live monitoring of audio input on Mac? (i.e. hear the input sound on audio out)

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

How to do live monitoring of audio input on Mac? (i.e. hear the input sound on audio out)

Postby therobyouknow » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:49 am

Is there a generic way to do this or is is application specific?

For example. With a US-144Mkii USB audio IO device, I want to hear the input of the SPDIF in.
therobyouknow
Poster

Re: How to do live monitoring of audio input on Mac? (i.e. hear the input sound on audio out)

Postby therobyouknow » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:37 am

I will try the answer here:
http://superuser.com/q/58191/21353

( "Line In" http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/ )

Any other suggestions welcome.
therobyouknow
Poster

Re: How to do live monitoring of audio input on Mac? (i.e. hear the input sound on audio out)

Postby Richie Royale » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:02 am

My Audiofire allows direct monitoring of its inputs. On my DAW (Cubase) I can monitor my additional inputs via the channel monitor (looks like a small speaker).

The Tascam says it has zero latency monitoring, so check the manual and make sure you have your control panel settings correctly set up to allow this. Seems like the MON Mix allows for this, but I'm only going on my brief look in the manual.

(edit) Not sure if this will apply to the SPDIF, but hopefully the manaul will tell you more.
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster

Postby therobyouknow » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Thanks Richie Royale for the advice I will look into this as well as my own findings.
therobyouknow
Poster