You are here

UA-1010 Roland Octa-Capture MIDI problem

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

UA-1010 Roland Octa-Capture MIDI problem

Postby John Donovan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Don't know if anyone else is using an Octa-Capture with Logic on here?

I've been using mine with Logic / Mainstage / Sibelius and was all set up working fine. Then today, it all looks like it's connected: Audio In/Out works, but I can only get MIDI to send out from the computer, MIDI IN doesn't seem to be receiving any data. I've tried checking cables, trying a different cable. I've checked my Korg Tritons MIDI Out socket by turning local off and plugging it into itself - that works.

So I don't know if the actual MIDI In socket on the Octa-Capture has failed, or if there's some kind of driver/setup problem - I've tried re-installing the driver too and that hasn't helped. It seems strange that MIDI out, and audio in & out all works fine.

Any suggestions for further troubleshooting / fixes?
John Donovan
New here
MBP 2.2 GHz Quad Core i7 8GB RAM OSX 10.7.2
Logic 9.1.6, MainStage2.1.3, Roland Octa Capture (UA-1010)

Re: UA-1010 Roland Octa-Capture MIDI problem

Postby John Donovan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Having done some more troubleshooting I'm now more confused, but am at least able to work again!

I tried the Mac/UA-1010 with my girlfriends MIDI enabled Piano and that worked fine.

So I then picked up another keyboard from my storage (a Nord Stage) and tried that - again fine!

I then went back to the original keyboard (a Korg Triton Studio) and I still couldn't get MIDI to pass from the Korg to the computer.

So it would like like a problem with the KORG - however, I then plugged the Korg's OUT into the Nord's IN and that DOES work?! So the socket isn't completely dead, just seems to not like the UA-1010 for some reason??
John Donovan
New here

Postby The_BPP » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:29 pm

I know it's obvious, but have you made sure your Triton is transmitting the correct channel?

If have the Octa-Capture too, and found it to be a very reliable unit.
The_BPP
Frequent Poster

Postby John Donovan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 am

Yes - I did check, although I think Logic Omni-receives so to speak anyway. I don't think it is the Octa-Capture now, but I'm confused why the Korg will work sending Midi to another keyboard, and just not to the Octa-Capture.
John Donovan
New here