You are here

digi002r in lion?

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

digi002r in lion?

Postby Kaw-Liga » Tue May 29, 2012 7:46 am

Hi, I'm having a problem: I downloaded the latest version of the stand-alone driver for digi002r, called 9.0r3, and it doesn't get recognized. I use Lion. Logic halts, first approx. 5 mins. when checking for midi driver, then totally while opening the most recent project. iTunes doesn't recognize it. In the lion sound preferences, it says there is a Digi Coreaudio Device, but when I select it, the sound still flows from my macbook speakers. Have anybody any ideas on what to do or try?
Kaw-Liga
Regular

Re: digi002r in lion?

Postby Kaw-Liga » Tue May 29, 2012 8:22 am

Don't know what was wrong, but after rebooting once more, it works.
Kaw-Liga
Regular

Postby Kaw-Liga » Wed May 30, 2012 1:22 pm

Don't know what was right, but after rebooting once more, nothing works.
Kaw-Liga
Regular

Postby molecular » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:24 pm

I use a digi 002R - although more conventionallly to run PTLE (and in Snow Leopard)...

re: selecting 002R (or mbox) as the computers out for system sound and itunes etc. - this has ALWAYS been a total pain in the ass for me - sometimes it works when you select it, sometimes it works after selecting then restarting, sometimes not at all... I gave up and now take a small jack out of the computer into the ALT SRC on the 002R, which is actually better for me anyway as I get a physical switch on the 002R and I can route the laptop straight into PT using the input 7-8 option.

Re the other problems - it might be useful to know more about what is going wrong? Particularly if you have just changed OS, or just bought the 002R second hand - mine is stable now, but I know that they don't have a very good history, issues-wise.
molecular
Frequent Poster
Location: The turn off where the main road goes over the river. If you're at the post box you've gone too far.

Anto mo Ninja, Watashi mo Ninja
http://www.hectormacinnes.com

Postby Kaw-Liga » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:00 pm

hi, molecular!

The stand-alone driver worked in snow leopard, with Logic as DAW. However, in lion, I can't seem to get it to work. Lion is about a year old now, and mountain lion may be just around the corner... In other forums, I find that other people have the same problems I have. It took a long time for a snow leopard driver to be released, also... and from now on some internet magazines claim they've heard that there maybe will be a new OsX every year now on... meaning that, when the digithing starts working in lion, there will probably be a new osx released, where probably this driver won't work. I'd downgrade to snow leopard, but I don't use the digi002 very often any more, because I rarely need eight inputs.

Quote molecular: <<I gave up and now take a small jack out of the computer into the ALT SRC on the 002R, which is actually better for me anyway as I get a physical switch on the 002R and I can route the laptop straight into PT using the input 7-8 option. >>

Great advice!... you could also use it with apple tv or airport express, I guess, and have the digi002 do the Digital-Analogue conversion?
Kaw-Liga
Regular