You are here

Logic changes sampling rate on startup.

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Logic changes sampling rate on startup.

Postby DrSteveJohnson » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 am

Hi, I'm new here so be gentle!

I'm running Logic Pro on an iMac with a Novation Nio interface. I've been recording demos and auditions for my daughter in Logic. On restarting Logic later there was an obvious shift in pitch of audio tracks and misalignment of tracks. I eventually found that by changing the sampling rate in project settings/audio from 48 KHz to 44.1 KHz, the pitch and misalignment was solved. I guess I'm recording at 44.1 but Logic opens with a sampling rate of 48. Is this correct? Can I set Logic to open a song with the sample sample rate as it was recorded in?

Thanks in anticipation,

Steve
DrSteveJohnson

Re: Logic changes sampling rate on startup.

Postby desmond » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Sample rate is a project setting - a project will load with whatever sample rate it was set to (File -> Project Settings -> Audio -> Sample Rate).

Most project templates Logic uses are set to 44.1KHz by default - you can of course set whatever rate you want in your own startup templates. However, it may also be that your audio interface is set to 48KHz, and Logic is simply reflecting that when you open a project - so check your audio interface sample rate setting first.
desmond
Jedi Poster

mu:zines | music magazine archive | Latest: E&MM Aug 86
Vintage issues of Sound On Sound, Electronics & Music Maker, Music Technology and more...

Re: Logic changes sampling rate on startup.

Postby DrSteveJohnson » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks.

Hopefully sorted by updating the Nio's driver.

Upgrading to Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 soon, so this issue is likely to be replaced by others!

Steve
DrSteveJohnson