You are here

New iMacs - pre-order now...

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

New iMacs - pre-order now...

Postby Masa » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:12 pm

...if like me you have been waiting for a new iMac, then you can pre-order now, with a lead time quoted as 2 - 3 weeks!

I have just ordered a 27inch, i7 with fusion drive and that should be delivered on December 27th (build to order take a little longer apparently).

Looking forward to putting my current 6 year old iMac into "retirement" and hoping that Time Machine will do what it should in helping me build the new one!

DP8 and now a new iMac......Happy days
Masa
Poster

Re: New iMacs - pre-order now...

Postby Rob R » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:40 pm

I'll wait til I see one in the flesh before ordering, at a store - need to see how reflective that monitor really is(n't) - which is the reason I've waited; but keep us posted.. the 27 will be the one i go for too. new year's fine by me...
Rob R
Regular

Postby Guy Johnson » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Looks a bit awkward to do upgrades ... link

Guy Johnson
Frequent Poster

Postby Rob R » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Guy Johnson wrote:Looks a bit awkward to do upgrades ... link

my mbp 17" has only had a failed hard drive (my fault, I stupidly admitted it too, but they still fixed it under warranty!!) replaced - in four years - I've not even taken it up to 8gb (though I don't know why tbh, only excuse is laziness). I doubt I'd change my ethos on the imac. as long as it's as well specced as I can make it from the start I'll be happy with it.

nb, just read one of the "unboxing" articles on the web and they're very complimentary of the non-reflectiveness of the panel. Rather encouraging.
Rob R
Regular