You are here

File-Browsing MP3 Player suggestions?!

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

File-Browsing MP3 Player suggestions?!

Postby Peter Land » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 pm

hey there!

Does anyone know of a MAC (OS 10.6 or later) MP3 player which allows me to browse directly from the folders in my computer? I would play my mp3's directly from my folders but i can't fast forward the previews - and can't do anything else on the computer while listening to the previews. ie. the moment I click on something else the preview stops! It'd be so nice to have a player which didn't ask me to make set-lists but just used the folder structure which i already have…

any suggestions?

many many thanks!! :)

ps. i've tried ITunes, Winamp and VLC already. Maybe there is a feature in these players which i haven't seen?!
Peter Land
Regular
pianist, composer
www.peterland.com

Re: File-Browsing MP3 Player suggestions?!

Postby TBTS » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:37 pm

TBTS
Regular
Apple Certified Technician + songwriter ** Shiny New Website with new music, videos etc... **
http://www.turnbacktospring.com

Postby bigster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:58 pm

bigster
Regular

Postby Peter Land » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:26 pm

thanks so much :) will try these all out!! :)
Peter Land
Regular
pianist, composer
www.peterland.com

Postby ken long » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Peter Land wrote:hey there!

Does anyone know of a MAC (OS 10.6 or later) MP3 player which allows me to browse directly from the folders in my computer? I would play my mp3's directly from my folders but i can't fast forward the previews - and can't do anything else on the computer while listening to the previews. ie. the moment I click on something else the preview stops! It'd be so nice to have a player which didn't ask me to make set-lists but just used the folder structure which i already have…

any suggestions?

many many thanks!! :)

ps. i've tried ITunes, Winamp and VLC already. Maybe there is a feature in these players which i haven't seen?!

I know you are looking for something to do playlists but you do know you can play the file from the Finder right? If you click on the file itself, it should play from the file - not preview.
ken long
Frequent Poster

I'm All Ears.

Postby G-Doubleyou » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:53 pm

+1 Audiofinder an app that should be in everybody's toolbelt, very useful multipurpose audio app.

8-)
G-Doubleyou
Frequent Poster

G-Dub Studio G-fx 15inch quad-core i7 Macbook Pro Logic9.1.8, LPX 10.0.3