You are here

Is there a setting to configure foot controller in Logic?

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Is there a setting to configure foot controller in Logic?

Postby kinglouis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:51 am

Hi all,

I bought an M-Audio M-Gear Ex-P foot controller pedal a few years ago that unlocked a programme I was running (which only functioned with a cc11 signal) but never actually worked properly. By this I mean it only registers from midi parameters 73-127.

I am reasonably confidant it isn't a polarity issue as there's a polarity switch on the back of the pedal which if turned one way results in no data being registered at all, switched the other way will send a signal registering 73-127. That having been said it might well be a polarity and rhino infestation issue as far as I know, so little do I know about this end of things.

I rang M-Audio who suggested it might be a configuration issue within Logic itself. I went to preferences > Midi > Control 4 (foot control) to zero and ticked and restarted Logic but to no avail.

Does anyone know what I need to do to gain the full 1-127 functionality of the pedal?

Many thanks.

MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz, 8 GB Ram, OS 10.8.2, Logic 9.1.7, StudioLogic SL990 Keyboard, Motu Midi Express interface.
kinglouis
Regular

Re: Is there a setting to configure foot controller in Logic?

Postby Phonix » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Can you check with another sequencer?
Phonix

Re: Is there a setting to configure foot controller in Logic?

Postby kinglouis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Good idea - downloading a trial of Ableton just now.
kinglouis
Regular