You are here

Logic X leak from Apogee?

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Logic X leak from Apogee?

Postby Kaw-Liga » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:45 am

Might > > this < < be anything but a true Logic 10 leak from Apogee?
Kaw-Liga
Regular

Re: Logic X leak from Apogee?

Postby desmond » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:57 am

Oh god, not this again.

That is Logic 9.

With a graded high contrast video look, which makes the grey arrange background appear darker than it is.
desmond
Jedi Poster

mu:zines | music magazine archive | Latest: E&MM Aug 86
Vintage issues of Sound On Sound, Electronics & Music Maker, Music Technology and more...

Postby JumpingInFire » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:07 pm

It's probably not even the video contrast. You can change the background in Logic itself. That article is ridiculous speculation and has no real basis for what it claims. I'm sure Logic X is being worked on but that screen shot is 100% Logic 9.
JumpingInFire

Postby Kaw-Liga » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:52 pm

You're right. :-) I thought the sidebar looked slimmer and had some new sliders on it on top. That it looked slimmer is probably down to a higher resolution screen than I have on my macbook. How to view those sliders?
Kaw-Liga
Regular

Postby desmond » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Kaw-Liga wrote:You're right. :-) I thought the sidebar looked slimmer and had some new sliders on it on top. That it looked slimmer is probably down to a higher resolution screen than I have on my macbook. How to view those sliders?

They are not sliders, they are the slight striped line differences with the regular Logic little checkboxes - the increased contrast exaggerates them and makes them look like sliders - they are not.

There is nothing unusual here...
desmond
Jedi Poster

Vintage issues of Sound On Sound, Electronics & Music Maker, Music Technology and more...

Postby MonkeySpank » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:05 pm

desmond wrote:That is Logic 9.

With a graded high contrast video look, which makes the grey arrange background appear darker than it is.

I'm...not...so...sure...

Can you customise the whole Logic UI, not just the Arrange page and Piano Roll?

The vertical gain meters are red, not orange (watch the video...you can see them move).

There is an insert plugin on the Inspector channel strip. In the picture it is a clear blue/white colour and looks bigger than the blank slots below it. Logic 9 plugins are blue and the same size as the empty slots.

If it *is* Logic 10 it doesn't look much different.
MonkeySpank
Regular

Spanky

Postby desmond » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:41 pm

MonkeySpank wrote:Can you customise the whole Logic UI, not just the Arrange page and Piano Roll?

Sure, people have been doing his for ages. My Logic 7 looked very different to everyone elses Logic 7, for instance...

MonkeySpank wrote:The vertical gain meters are red, not orange (watch the video...you can see them move).

My meters were white with blue peaks for long time...

MonkeySpank wrote:There is an insert plugin on the Inspector channel strip. In the picture it is a clear blue/white colour and looks bigger than the blank slots below it. Logic 9 plugins are blue and the same size as the empty slots.
[/quote]

I expect the blue slots look white becaue the colour grade has less blue saturation, and the box looks bigger because of the highlight around it and the limited resolution of the video.

Seriously, that is Logic 9.
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby MonkeySpank » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:38 pm

desmond wrote:
MonkeySpank wrote:Can you customise the whole Logic UI, not just the Arrange page and Piano Roll?

Sure, people have been doing his for ages. My Logic 7 looked very different to everyone elses Logic 7, for instance...

Well I'll be damned. I've been using Logic for 50 years, man and boy, and I never knew that.
MonkeySpank
Regular

Spanky

Postby Bob Bickerton » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:01 am

Logic X is definitely released!!!

But Apple had such negative comments about Final Cut Pro that they decided to keep exactly the same hui, gui and feature set as Logic 9, just to keep the moaners happy - AND - they kept the same software edition description too so as to deflect any criticism.

So it works, looks and feels exactly like Logic 9 and there's no upgrade cost - Brilliant!

Bob
Bob Bickerton
Frequent Poster

Postby desmond » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:26 am

MonkeySpank wrote:Well I'll be damned. I've been using Logic for 50 years, man and boy, and I never knew that.

Here's one such thread...
http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44...
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby MarkOne » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 pm

desmond wrote:
MonkeySpank wrote:Well I'll be damned. I've been using Logic for 50 years, man and boy, and I never knew that.

Here's one such thread...
http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44...

That thread underlines my opinion that user interface design should be left to people who are actually paid to do it and giving people the option to skin stuff more often than not ends up with something that wouldn't look out of place in MyFirstDAW(TM)
MarkOne
Frequent Poster

Postby desmond » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:51 pm

MarkOne wrote:That thread underlines my opinion that user interface design should be left to people who are actually paid to do it and giving people the option to skin stuff more often than not ends up with something that wouldn't look out of place in MyFirstDAW(TM)

Sure. I don't like any of those customisations that other people do - but that's the point of customisation - to set things up how *you* want to do it. I did, however, like my customisations, which were far cooler and more tasteful than anything else I've seen
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby MonkeySpank » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:55 pm

desmond wrote:
MarkOne wrote:That thread underlines my opinion that user interface design should be left to people who are actually paid to do it and giving people the option to skin stuff more often than not ends up with something that wouldn't look out of place in MyFirstDAW(TM)

Sure. I don't like any of those customisations that other people do - but that's the point of customisation - to set things up how *you* want to do it. I did, however, like my customisations, which were far cooler and more tasteful than anything else I've seen

I'm all for tasteful UIs. Any pics..?
MonkeySpank
Regular

Spanky

Postby sc1460 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Call me glass half empty but I am dreading the releasing of Logic X. All that anticipation building up to be sorely disappointed. Don't Apple realise how a bad release can destroy lives, worsen poverty and increase levels of crime? What's the matter with them? Heartless if you ask me.
sc1460
Regular

Postby chris... » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:41 pm

sc1460 wrote:Call me glass half empty but I am dreading the releasing of Logic X. All that anticipation building up to be sorely disappointed. [...] What's the matter with them? Heartless if you ask me.
Ah, so it's out now, and not very good, right ?
chris...
Frequent Poster