You are here

Ipad virgin

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Ipad virgin

Postby baward » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello,

I hope people don't mind if I bring up that hoary old chestnut, To Buy (now), Or Not To Buy? I will be coming into the market for an iPad soon, but I wonder; is it worth hanging on for the next one? When might it get released? I read that it might get updated (with its snazz new features) and sell for the same price.

Thanks, people
baward
Regular

Re: Ipad virgin

Postby Kiwibu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:00 pm

I have found the following site to be helpful in the past: Mac Rumors Website
Kiwibu
Poster

Postby porthoss78 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi,

No one outside of Apple usually knows the release dates beforehand, the internet is full of speculation on such things. Try checking this web site for any updates/news:

http://www.macrumors.com/

As Apple are now so focused on staying cutting edge on the IOS market, I can't imagine a refresh is too far away. There is a big Apple event coming up next month so might be worth holding off until then if you're keen to get the latest model.

Cheers
J
porthoss78
Regular

Postby baward » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks guys. I think I'll hang on for a bit.....
baward
Regular

Postby TBTS » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:26 pm

a bit more of a specific section on that website is this page...

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
TBTS
Regular
Apple Certified Technician + songwriter ** Shiny New Website with new music, videos etc... **
http://www.turnbacktospring.com

Postby curly430 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:08 pm

The problem with Apple is no matter when you buy, a newer model is around the corner!
However, one of Apples great advantages is their products are built to last so whenever you buy, it'll serve you well for years to come!
curly430
Poster

Postby Ducasse » Wed May 01, 2013 5:56 am

curly430 wrote:The problem with Apple is no matter when you buy, a newer model is around the corner!
However, one of Apples great advantages is their products are built to last so whenever you buy, it'll serve you well for years to come!
And they maintain a relatively good resale value.
Ducasse
Regular

Postby Richard Graham » Wed May 01, 2013 8:18 pm

My iPad 2 (bought the day they were released in the UK) is more useful than ever because software is still being released for it. I've recently added AudioBus and Arturia's iMini, meaning that for about £12 total I've got myself a nice analog synth and the ability to record it (and my other synths) into GarageBand.

I don't understand this business of waiting for the next model. If it does what you want and need it to, why not get it now? The alternative is never to buy, because you know that whatever you buy, the next one will be 'better'.
Richard Graham
Frequent Poster

"If a nail is bent, stop hitting it."

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Thu May 02, 2013 11:57 am

one of Apples great advantages is their products are built to last

Pffffff! I wish that were still true. I think they used to be, certainly, but I've had two macbooks and iMac completely die on me after two to three years recently. Hardware failures I mean.
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster

A goal without a plan is just a wish

Postby Hoopy Frood » Thu May 02, 2013 12:17 pm

For what it's worth, my iPad 3 is still absolutely fine for all tasks (music and otherwise) that I throw at it.
Hoopy Frood
Regular

I know where my towel is.