You are here

TC Electronic Konnekt 48 on Mountain Lion

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

TC Electronic Konnekt 48 on Mountain Lion

Postby porthoss78 » Sat May 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi,

I recently picked up a Konnekt 48 audio interface for next to nothing. The current TC Near driver/software on the TC Electronic web site doesn't work correctly with Mountain Lion (even though it says it does).

I emailed their support about the problems I was having and I was extremely impressed to find by the following morning they had emailed me back with an updated version of the driver.

It now seems to work perfectly with ML so thought I'd share the link for any owners out there:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/files/beta/computerrecording/TCAudioInterfaceSoftware3.1.0b3.zip

Cheers
J
porthoss78
Regular

Re: TC Electronic Konnekt 48 on Mountain Lion

Postby daedalus » Sat May 11, 2013 3:34 pm

porthoss78 wrote:Hi,

I recently picked up a Konnekt 48 audio interface for next to nothing. The current TC Near driver/software on the TC Electronic web site doesn't work correctly with Mountain Lion (even though it says it does).

I emailed their support about the problems I was having and I was extremely impressed to find by the following morning they had emailed me back with an updated version of the driver.

It now seems to work perfectly with ML so thought I'd share the link for any owners out there:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/files/beta/computerrecording/TCA...

Cheers
J

Thanks for this. Still using mine on SL but mighty nice of you to put this one up.
daedalus
Regular

Just a piano and some sketch paper please...

Postby sc1460 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:07 am

Hi, I am really interested in getting this but I read so much (though posts are 1-2 years ago) that Konnekt48 was buggy for Apple Macs? I'm going to run it on Snow Leopard Macbook 2009 version.

Any glitches on your mac system during recording or playback?

Much appreciated as your advice will help me decide. Thanks
sc1460
Regular

Postby daedalus » Sun May 19, 2013 8:44 pm

sc1460 wrote:Hi, I am really interested in getting this but I read so much (though posts are 1-2 years ago) that Konnekt48 was buggy for Apple Macs? I'm going to run it on Snow Leopard Macbook 2009 version.

Any glitches on your mac system during recording or playback?

Much appreciated as your advice will help me decide. Thanks

I'm quite happy with mine. Driver is solid on SL, though latency can be high. I work in the box mostly, at 256 samples, though I've gone to 128 samples @ 96kHz with no issues at all. I've also recorded several audio sources tracks at once, no issues ever. Preamps are nice and transparent to my ears; inputs are auto-sensing; remote is fantastic to access user-specific functions in the software mixer and overall control; a great bonus are Fabrik C and Fabrik R, the latter being a fantastically smooth and useful reverb, though when you use it you have to bounce in real time, since it is powered by the CPU on the interface itself, and it is not 64bit (yet?). That's my biggest qualm with it: TC's software updates are a bit sparse and don't always address the issues I see as priorities.
daedalus
Regular

Postby porthoss78 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:20 am

Hi,

I agree, since I've updated the driver I've never had any issues with it. I run it at 256 too and haven't really noticed any latency when using it with software instruments.

Just having the FX built in that you can monitor with and the remote was worth the money I paid for it alone.

The only issue might be with future OS updates, TC Electronic don't seem to be developing any new AIs anymore and this may mean that they eventually stop supporting them (like the Powercore).

Hope this helps

Cheers
J
porthoss78
Regular

Postby daedalus » Mon May 20, 2013 8:16 am

porthoss78 wrote:

The only issue might be with future OS updates, TC Electronic don't seem to be developing any new AIs anymore and this may mean that they eventually stop supporting them (like the Powercore).

Interesting, wasn't aware of this. Bummer, their interfaces were always a great bang for the buck once the drivers got stable.
daedalus
Regular

Postby ConcertinaChap » Mon May 20, 2013 8:37 am

Yes, you do need to be aware of the Powercore debacle. TC don't show much long term loyalty to their users.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Frequent Poster

Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio.  Water down the gin and let reality in.

Postby daedalus » Mon May 20, 2013 1:58 pm

ConcertinaChap wrote:Yes, you do need to be aware of the Powercore debacle. TC don't show much long term loyalty to their users.

CC

Sounds like you got burned CC! Curious to see how long I'm going to have this TC Konnekt 48 now... :shock:
daedalus
Regular