You are here

Likely a silly question about take folders and the audio contained therein.

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Likely a silly question about take folders and the audio contained therein.

Postby aveatrex » Sat May 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Recently having made the switch from PC to Mac, and from Sonar to Logic, there are many things to like. However, my biggest gripe is the move from "layers" to Take Folders, which appear to have a far less intuitive workflow. One specific example that comes to mind is the apparent inability to copy and paste within takes (e.g. say I have two bars of music that are flubbed in one spot, but could easily be copy/pasted into place from an earlier occurrence in the take and then comp'd in with quick swipe). This was rather easy in Sonar but I have found it to be quite impossible thus far in Logic. Do I have to first flatten the track, then copy and paste into a separate track, and then create a take folder out of the separate tracks? There must be a simpler way.

If anyone could shed a bit of light on the subject for me, I would be forever grateful.

Thank you.

John
aveatrex
Poster

Re: Likely a silly question about take folders and the audio contained therein.

Postby Tui » Sun May 19, 2013 2:57 am

Personally, I hate take folders with a passion. However, in Logic's Projects Settings/Recording pane, you can disable take folders completely, and choose between several options. For me, the most useful one is "Create tracks and mute in Cycle record". With this setting, you can edit and combine your performances in any way you wish.
Tui
Frequent Poster

Postby Jonnypopisical » Mon May 20, 2013 9:36 am

Is this true for Logic Pro 9 - can't see that option on my version - I'd love to be able to turn off the folder system when recording - it's a PITA!

JP
Jonnypopisical
Frequent Poster

Mac Pro, Logic Pro, lots of software and 17 hard drives!

Postby daedalus » Mon May 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Tui wrote:Personally, I hate take folders with a passion. However, in Logic's Projects Settings/Recording pane, you can disable take folders completely, and choose between several options. For me, the most useful one is "Create tracks and mute in Cycle record". With this setting, you can edit and combine your performances in any way you wish.

Isn't this option only for MIDI and not for audio? Cant' verify at the moment...
daedalus
Regular

Just a piano and some sketch paper please...

Postby Tui » Mon May 20, 2013 5:21 pm

clisma wrote:
Isn't this option only for MIDI and not for audio? Cant' verify at the moment...

I think you're right.
Tui
Frequent Poster