You are here

3rd Party Plug-In Control Surface Parameter Lists

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

3rd Party Plug-In Control Surface Parameter Lists

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:34 am

Stop me if you already know this but I didn't know it was possible to change the order that parameters appear on your control surface until I happened across this thread on the Logic Pro Help web site. Basically there is a file for every Logic plugin called CSParameterOrder.plist that contains the name of every parameter for the plugin which you can reorder to your hearts content.

It seems this is also possible for third party plugins and what is most neat is that there is a way of getting Logic to generate a base CSParameterOrder.plist for you that is covered in the ninth post (by Tim_Chandler) in the thread.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Frequent Poster

Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio.  Water down the gin and let reality in.

Re: 3rd Party Plug-In Control Surface Parameter Lists

Postby desmond » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:58 am

Yep, done it for all my plugins.

It's good, eh?
desmond
Jedi Poster

mu:zines | music magazine archive
Vintage issues of Sound On Sound, Electronics & Music Maker, Music Technology and more...

Re: 3rd Party Plug-In Control Surface Parameter Lists

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Indeed. All my compressors now map to the same pots on the MCU in an order which I, at least, find intuitive. 8-)

CC
ConcertinaChap
Frequent Poster

Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio.  Water down the gin and let reality in.