You are here

32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby Bazza » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:00 am

A few of the guys at tthe Gearslutz forums seem excited about this. Check it out if it's relevant to you.

Lennardigital could heal a lot of pain if they'd get their arses into gear!

Hope it's useful.

Bazza
User avatar
Bazza
Regular
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: County Durham

This time next week, who'll give a sh*t http://www.podcastrevision.co.uk


Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby Wimek » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks Bazza.

However, I'll be using Logic 9 until GForce and Waldorf make their AU's 64 bit.
User avatar
Wimek
Regular
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: Holland

Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:38 pm

I have M Tron Pro from G Force and it IS 64 bit already.
User avatar
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: Gallifrey

A goal without a plan is just a wish


Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby Wimek » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:22 pm

yes, and I just saw ImpOSCar is also 64 bit now, thanks Huge
User avatar
Wimek
Regular
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: Holland

Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby Bazza » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:03 am

Sylenth 64 bit for Mac, hopefully out by the end of the year according to Lennard's website.
User avatar
Bazza
Regular
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: County Durham

This time next week, who'll give a sh*t http://www.podcastrevision.co.uk


Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby stratquebec » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:55 am

And there is this .
User avatar
stratquebec
Regular
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Quebec/Canada

Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby desmond » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:11 am

Bazza wrote:Sylenth 64 bit for Mac, hopefully out by the end of the year according to Lennard's website.

I've never really understood the fuss about Sylenth - imo it's a rather ugly, fairly ordinary sounding me-too VA synth and for me at least I've found other instruments significantly more inspiring.

The main thing Sylenth seems to have going for it is that there are a million trance and electronic soundsets for it, so there are lots of patches available and it seems like it's the standard tool that the three big-name artists use, and so all the me-too electronic artists have to use the same thing otherwise their music won't be taken seriously.
User avatar
desmond
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6499
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:00 am

mu:zines | music magazine archive | Latest: MT Dec 90
Needed: SOS April 1993. Can you donate your copy to complete the early SOS archive?


Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby Kevin Nolan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:58 pm

desmond wrote:
Bazza wrote:Sylenth 64 bit for Mac, hopefully out by the end of the year according to Lennard's website.

I've never really understood the fuss about Sylenth - imo it's a rather ugly, fairly ordinary sounding me-too VA synth and for me at least I've found other instruments significantly more inspiring.

The main thing Sylenth seems to have going for it is that there are a million trance and electronic soundsets for it, so there are lots of patches available and it seems like it's the standard tool that the three big-name artists use, and so all the me-too electronic artists have to use the same thing otherwise their music won't be taken seriously.

genuine curiosity - who are the three big name artists you refer to? (I'm clueless with dance /trance music and am intrigued by whom you refer to?)
Kevin Nolan
Frequent Poster
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:00 am

Kevin Nolan,KNECT.
www.knect.ie


Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby Richie Royale » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:06 pm

A quick google suggests these people



AVICII, TIESTO, ZEDD, VITEZ, NICKY ROMERO, KISO
User avatar
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4429
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Bristol, England.

Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby desmond » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Kevin Nolan wrote:genuine curiosity - who are the three big name artists you refer to? (I'm clueless with dance /trance music and am intrigued by whom you refer to?)

Well, I was being facetious - but in the electronic dance community (as least the ones I see online in forums such as the Ableton forum, KVR, and many others) if BIGNAME_PRODUCA_X uses Massive and Sylenth, then those are what you have to use too because you need to exact same sounds, same sonic signature and same presets if possible - and this is why some of those plugins have some traction - it's less down to what they can do and how good other stuff can be, it's more about quick fix shortcuts.

Seriously, as an example, very few people were really using FM8 for electronic dance genres until they found out Skrillex uses it for most of his synth lines - and as he was trendy, so did using that plugin become for the same things.

It's just fashion I guess, nothing new as such, but for me it particularly applies to Sylenth, where I found it rather bland and average sounding compared to some other instruments out there, but it seems it's "the" trance synth (with the ES2 in Logic being used a lot as well) and there are a million patch banks out there for it, probably more than any other third-party synth...
User avatar
desmond
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6499
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:00 am

mu:zines | music magazine archive | Latest: MT Dec 90
Needed: SOS April 1993. Can you donate your copy to complete the early SOS archive?


Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby Bazza » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:04 pm

I can't tell you any big name trance producers, I don't like Lennardigital's general lack of communication with his customers and I sincerely doubt the upgrade will be free, but this is a superb and incredibly popular synth.

I'll probably jump to Logic Pro X shortly.

Bazza
User avatar
Bazza
Regular
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: County Durham

This time next week, who'll give a sh*t http://www.podcastrevision.co.uk


Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby Kevin Nolan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Thanks Desmond - get your point.

And thanks Richie - will check them up. I know I'm off topic, but I'm always curious to listen to emerging and cutting edge tracks in electronica /dance (even though I'm old school electronic). I'm forever Shazam'ing and buying tracks on my iPhone - but at this stage there's about a hundred tracks virtually all of which I never listened to as intended (to analyze) and it feels like I've filled my phone and iPod up with unknown crap. Damn Football Focus (and the many seemingly well produced popular tracks they use as background music - they're costing me a small fortune :-) ).

Despite all the purchases, its hard to keep up and hard to differentiate the good from the bad when its not your own genre (but there is a lot of innovative music being created, even if there is more bland 'noise' too).
Kevin Nolan
Frequent Poster
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:00 am

Kevin Nolan,KNECT.
www.knect.ie


Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution

Postby Blott » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:42 pm

desmond wrote:
I've never really understood the fuss about Sylenth - imo it's a rather ugly, fairly ordinary sounding me-too VA synth and for me at least I've found other instruments significantly more inspiring.

The main thing Sylenth seems to have going for it is that there are a million trance and electronic soundsets for it, so there are lots of patches available and it seems like it's the standard tool that the three big-name artists use, and so all the me-too electronic artists have to use the same thing otherwise their music won't be taken seriously.

I don't write trance, dance, hip hop or dub step and I love the Sylenth - think it sounds great!
There is a plethora of sound sets out for it too, but that's hardly a weakness is it?
I never liked the DX7 or the M1 back in the day, but they sold by the bucket load too.
It's just horses for courses I suppose. Some synths just have a character of sound that I like and some don't.
I'm sure the same applies to you with the Sylenth.
User avatar
Blott
Regular
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: Nottingham UK


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests