You are here

Recording not working! Help please! :)

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Recording not working! Help please! :)

Postby Peter Land » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:48 am

Dear Logic X experts:

I am having a bit of a ridiculous problem. I can't seem to record anything in Logic. I'm a long time user (but won't go and call myself an expert). And haven't had THIS problem for many years…but i am a bit baffled. My Software instruments are opened and of course also 'armed'..ie the R button is pressed. When I press "R" for Record the whole project starts trying to record from the begining as opposed to where i presently am in the track…(which is quite annoying and has just been doing this today). And more problematic.. Logic doesn't record anything i'm playing in. I can hear the sounds of my software instruments.. I can hear the playback of other stuff I recorded/composed in Sibelius and then imported into Logic. But i can't record!!!

Sorry for asking help on such a seemingly dumb beginners problem..but i'm a bit baffled here.

One perhaps tell tale thing to mention is that on my Output Meter the right hand digit display has a red background. This is new and seems to be coinciding with my recording problem.

Many many thanks for any pointers you might be able to give me!!

Peter

Logic X 10.0.3
Mac OS X 10.8.5
Peter Land
Regular
pianist, composer
www.peterland.com

Re: Recording not working! Help please! :)

Postby Peter Land » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:36 pm

ok…i think i might have figured it out…the record button is flashing on and off in the above mentioned project. When i open up a new project and hit the record button it just stays on…and RECORDS! Now…how do I get this button to just stay on and not flash…any ideas?

thank you for any help and sorry for this dumb question!!

Peter
Peter Land
Regular
pianist, composer
www.peterland.com

Postby Peter Land » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:44 pm

figured it out! it was the auto punch button… Sorry for the bother! ^^

Peter
Peter Land
Regular
pianist, composer
www.peterland.com

Postby Wease » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:20 pm

always useful to post about strange issues and the solutions

we all have these moments....so this is/has been a worthwhile thread
Wease
Frequent Poster