You are here

VST window size question (OSX, Reaper, Steven Slate Drums)

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

VST window size question (OSX, Reaper, Steven Slate Drums)

Postby Ben Asaro » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:47 pm

I have begun stepping my toes into some fresh waters -- moving away from PC/Cubase, and into Mac/Reaper.

Reaper has a few idiosyncrasies that I am hoping can be ironed out in the preferences, but you cannot beat the power for the price.

Main computer is a Mac Mini, using a wireless mouse. Monitor and keyboard are both virtual using Air Display on my iPad. Air Display is amazing and lets me do mundane tasks like setting up a session whilst sitting at the kitchen table!

I set up the Mac so that it logs me in and starts Air Display automatically. Instead of using the iPad as a secondary monitor, I have it mirroring the main monitor output.

My only MAJOR complaint thus far is that the bottom of the window for Steve Slate Drums is cut off and I cannot figure out how to fix it. It is not a resolution issue. The bottom 20% is vital, though, because it has the scroll option, kick drum in Kit view, and scrolling for the Mixer window.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I would love to hear!

As a workaround for now I am setting up the kit on my PC and copying it over to the Mac.
Ben Asaro
Regular

Re: VST window size question (OSX, Reaper, Steven Slate Drums)

Postby Ben Asaro » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:24 pm

Hmm, upon further experimentation ... It is somewhat resolution related. When viewing in 1080p, I can see the entire window. As soon as I start Air Display, the image looks like is scaled correctly but it is cutting off some of the height for some reason, hence the chopping off of th bottom of the window.
Ben Asaro
Regular