You are here

Sonar help please - possible to combine mono sources to single track?

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Sonar help please - possible to combine mono sources to single track?

Postby irf » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place, but, I'm currently demoing Sonar x1 and was hoping for some help.

If for example, I have tracked a guitar (cab) using two mics, is there any way to combine these into a single track inside sonar without routing to a bus (as far as I can tell buses in Sonar exist in a separate section away from the tracks)? I usually record without a mixer (i.e. straight into interface) so I am looking to replicate what that would have achieved.

An example would be, I think in Logic (although I've never used it) you can simply create another channel and bus to that (I guess you could then hide the original) and keep 'tracks' separate from 'buses'.

I know I could simply send them to a bus, but I'd imagine track management would/could then become an issue. As far as I can tell you cannot colour Sonar console channels either, which could have helped if busing is the only way to achieve this inside Sonar.

I have not delved into the murky world of track folders yet, but if you could apply FX to a track folder that would also achieve the same thing.

Any advice, wisdom or otherwise would be very welcome.

Many thanks,
Ian
irf
Poster

Re: Sonar help please - possible to combine mono sources to single track?

Postby ef37a » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:20 am

I don't know if this helps but the only DAW software that I have come across that allows a mono (one side) source to very simply be recorded as two track mono is the variations on Samplitude including the free download Sampltude Silver.

In "Track Properties" you have the very simple "Mono, Stereo, Mono mix". Don't get simpler than that!

BTW bought X1. Son and I are not keen.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

#They did not listen, they are not listening still...Perhaps they never will?#