You are here

using external effects

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

using external effects

Postby John Prassas ΓΒΠ » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:45 am

Hey Guys I am at a point where I want to find a way to use some of my external hardware.

Sounds like my easiest option is to buy some additional outputs for my lynx audio card.

However is their a way to have the external hardware incorporated into something such as veinna ensemble on a separate computer?

I use external hardware with it vienna ensemble currently such as Duende Classic, but what I need is just some out puts and in puts that will show up as vst. Tried launching a vst sequencer like energy XT VST and that did not seem to do it.

I just need it to send audio out the external soundcard to the effects and back in. Yes I know their will be delay issues etc, but this sounds like something that would be possible.

Jp
John Prassas ΓΒΠ
Poster

Re: using external effects

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi Jp!

Most sequencers now offer a way to do this fairly easily by setting it up as some sort of FX send and return, including the measuring and taking account of the round trip latency. Cubase and Reaper certainly do this this for me.

Martin
Martin Walker

Steampunk & Synth News | Mad Scientist Mode