You are here

Toontrack Drumtracker

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Toontrack Drumtracker

Postby CostaSaint » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:34 pm

Does anyone know if you can convert drum tracks to midi, correct timing issues, then convert it back to the original sound without it affecting the sound (ie does it make it sound less real)?
Thanks
CostaSaint
Poster

Re: Toontrack Drumtracker

Postby Wossname » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:09 am

Afaics Drumtracker is for converting audio into MIDI, which you then play in a suitable drum sampler, like EZdrummer, Studiodrummer or what have you.

As for realism - I'm fairly certain I can't get more real souding drums than Studiodrummer offers me :-)
Wossname
Regular

* wossname * ...if .sig's were fish, this would stink *

Postby The Elf » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:20 am

With stuff like Beat Detective and Cubase's phase aligned quantise tools I don't see why you'd really want to do this.

But Drumagog is still pretty good for this sort of thing.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby CostaSaint » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:01 pm

The Elf wrote:With stuff like Beat Detective and Cubase's phase aligned quantise tools I don't see why you'd really want to do this.

Ok, so they will work with recorded audio drums ie real drums, not midi drums?
CostaSaint
Poster

Postby The Elf » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:09 pm

CostaSaint wrote:
The Elf wrote:With stuff like Beat Detective and Cubase's phase aligned quantise tools I don't see why you'd really want to do this.

Yes, the ones I have mentioned work with audio - try a search or two around SOS and across the net and you'll find lots of info on them.

Drumagog is good for replacing individual drum sounds, and can also generate MIDI.
Beat Detective (and it's ilk - many DAWs have something of the like) can effectively quantise audio drum recordings across multiple mic's and keep the results phase-aligned.

My weapon of choice is Cubase, so it's there that I have most experience/skill. Cubase's phase-aligned drum quantise has already saved me weeks of effort since it arrived and is extremely effective at pulling real drum performances into sharper time while keeping the performance intact.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby CostaSaint » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:21 am

The Elf wrote:
CostaSaint wrote:

Yes, the ones I have mentioned work with audio - try a search or two around SOS and across the net and you'll find lots of info on them.

Drumagog is good for replacing individual drum sounds, and can also generate MIDI.
Beat Detective (and it's ilk - many DAWs have something of the like) can effectively quantise audio drum recordings across multiple mic's and keep the results phase-aligned.

My weapon of choice is Cubase, so it's there that I have most experience/skill. Cubase's phase-aligned drum quantise has already saved me weeks of effort since it arrived and is extremely effective at pulling real drum performances into sharper time while keeping the performance

intact.

I'm using Cubase Artist 6 which is a bit limited for audio editing (I think) so will have to check out the other things you mentioned.
Ta.
CostaSaint
Poster